Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out this wheel process.
Stock wheels have 25 or 25.4mm bearings? Harley sells a 1 inch wheel install kit will i need this for both my front and rear wheels? Front wheel is off an 06 VRSCD (10 spoke)

2008 wheel has 1" bearings?

what's the gray thing with bolts in it on 2008 wheel? It doesn't look like i can keep this thing with the brake rotor compared to stock 2004 wheel.

do i need something to make my belt sprocket work on the 2008 wheel?

Wheel arrow in picture shows rotation direction i think because the valve stem isn't on the right side of the wheel. (This is what i gather from reading other posts)
Thanks I'm advance and sorry, i tried to read a ton and all i could find was info for 240 swaps lol
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Crankset

Automotive tire White Black Tire Tread

Automotive tire Wheel Tread Alloy wheel Hubcap

Wheel Tire Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

Attachments

· Registered
887 Posts
what's the gray thing with bolts in it on 2008 wheel?
that would be the hub for the cushion compensator drive, belt side
Ronnie's Harley-Davidson | WHEEL - REAR WHEEL ASSEMBLY W/ BRAKE DISK AND SPOCKET (onlinemicrofiche.com)
Wheel arrow in picture shows rotation direction i think
Rear Wheels will only work one way, can't see rest of the wheel but I don't think that's an arrow
Ronnie''s Harley-Davidson''s 2004 Harley Davidson (onlinemicrofiche.com)

· Registered
887 Posts
As far as the bearings, they are the same outer diameter but different inner diameter based on the year........ from what I've read on here it's easier to change to old style bearings in newer wheels than to change out the old parts to fit the newer bearings inner diameter .........

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as the bearings, they are the same outer diameter but different inner diameter based on the year........ from what I've read on here it's easier to change to old style bearings in newer wheels than to change out the old parts to fit the newer bearings inner diameter .........
so you would recommend buying 2 new '9247' bearings and press them into my newer style wheels? because if those bearings have the right diameter to my axle shafts, and the outer diameter should match any/all wheels, i should be all set?

Thanks again, sorry for all the questions

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm no expert on the V, but there's plenty on here that have more combined time the HD when they built our bikes......... Don't be sorry, we are all in this together.......... we're the redheaded stepchildren of the HD world 🤪 ..... Embrace it !!
no worries man, the link to the Ronnies diagram itself is a huge help and i'm just south of Massachusetts so shipping should be pretty quick. Thanks for all your help man, that clears a bunch up. I'm looking at the sleeve pieces and the spacers and literally getting wrapped around the axle with it all o_O

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, go with the 9247 bearings and use your original axle. I can't tell from the pictures but is that an 8" wheel? are you doing the 240 mod?
It's the normal wheel that's 5.5" wide, trying to keep the bike stock in that regard. I just got it so didn't want to go cutting it up until I got more seat time see if i wanted to go to the 240.

and thanks, i got the bearings on the way!!

but get this lol no lie, i hit a deer this morning on my way to work on the bike. Can't make this stuff up so now I'm into it for some light lenses and a shock haha fun stuff

· Premium Member
2004 vrsca
221 Posts
It's the normal wheel that's 5.5" wide, trying to keep the bike stock in that regard. I just got it so didn't want to go cutting it up until I got more seat time see if i wanted to go to the 240.

and thanks, i got the bearings on the way!!

but get this lol no lie, i hit a deer this morning on my way to work on the bike. Can't make this stuff up so now I'm into it for some light lenses and a shock haha fun stuff
Damn! I hope your bike is ok
I hope you could take it home to eat it. Deer are delicious with carrots and potatoes

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn! I hope your bike is ok
I hope you could take it home to eat it. Deer are delicious with carrots and potatoes
Can you believe the doggone thing got up and ran away lol I'd be ecstatic to be eating that thing this week for dinner lol

as for the bike, it may be totaled, looks like the frame is bent now. So we will see what insurance says

· Registered
887 Posts
Yes, both sides are bolt on....... makes engine removal possible....... search this site for replacement parts/ or fleabay
There is possibility of damage to shift shaft due to the left side contacting ground ....... doesn't always show up right away.......... take a close look at where it goes into case .... member on here had them (VRR or SRR) ........ or (Fleabay 02-17 Harley-Davidson VRSC V-Rod Shift Shaft 35432-01K)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, both sides are bolt on....... makes engine removal possible....... search this site for replacement parts/ or fleabay
There is possibility of damage to shift shaft due to the left side contacting ground ....... doesn't always show up right away.......... take a close look at where it goes into case .... member on here had them (VRR or SRR) ........ or (Fleabay 02-17 Harley-Davidson VRSC V-Rod Shift Shaft 35432-01K)
View attachment 612906
Wow this is amazing. don't tell my wife my garage will look like that soon if insurance lets me keep the bike :ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
2004 vrsca
221 Posts
Wow this is amazing. don't tell my wife my garage will look like that soon if insurance lets me keep the bike :ROFLMAO:
Here in Europe I would never tell my insurance company about some minor damage. Companies here act like they are doing you a favor when you are the one paying.

And what is wrong with the garage being so nice like Frog's? Is your wife the boss of the garage? Are you the boss of the kitchen or something?

· Premium Member
95 Posts
Shocks, pegs, lights, cams, body kit, it doesn't seem to end, the area around the rabbit hole is a slippery slope. 😏
Recently laid mine down so I can sympathize. Hope you're ok, bikes can be fixed.
Good luck and keep the pics coming, like to see it once it's fixed.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here in Europe I would never tell my insurance company about some minor damage. Companies here act like they are doing you a favor when you are the one paying.

And what is wrong with the garage being so nice like Frog's? Is your wife the boss of the garage? Are you the boss of the kitchen or something?
after assessing all the damage I'm looking at about $2000-4000 in parts alone. The bike is really only worth about $7000. I'm honestly back and forth about it i want to even take the money because then I'll have a salvage title. Not sure i want to deal with that after the fact.
And
And for the garage, I have a deal with my wife that if I need to tear something apart in the garage, her car needs to park outside in the cold and rain lol I don't think she will be happy with that this time of year :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts