Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Honda Convert
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need to replace my rear tire. Going Metzler as I just replaced the front with one.

Is this the correct stock size?

180/55ZR-18

I'm not going 200 as the differences are negligible and I added bags, and don't care to make any modifications.

Thanks.

·
Honda Convert
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I agree with you on not wanting to mess with grinding the mounts for bags or anything like that, but I have to disagree with you on the 200 differences being negligible. It not only fills that rear fender out so much nicer, but there is also a noticable difference in the way it handles as well. I'm sure the 240 is obviously a drastic difference yet, but the 200 is very noticable.

·
Honda Convert
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I have to qualify the negligible statement. I'm going from a Dunflop to a Metz. The difference on the front tire was night and day. I'd really like the wider stance, but the reality is, I've been pretty happy with it the way it is, and have grown quote accustomed to it. I just don't think the extra work to make it work is really worth it for me. Either way, I'm going to have a huge difference in ride and handling vs what's on there. 11,000 mile +++ Dunflop.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I agree w/you rasputin, if you're happy with the performance and appearance, why switch? Ran Metz and now Pirelli in stock sizes for the similar reasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts