Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a Muscle (I have a Night Rod) but I'm seeing lots of Muscle(s) out there with the same sissy bar and rack. Was this a factory option on the Muscle? If so is the sissy bar drilled in through the fender? Or is it attached to the passenger seat? I don't have a problem buying a replacement seat for any bike I buy... but I can't fathom having to live with the drilled holes in the fender from the sissy bar (if thats the way they come as a factory option). I mention the Night Rod because on a NR there is no way to not drill into the fender; thus why I stayed away from any bike that had one pre-installed.

There actually was one company out of Portugal who made a detachable sissy bar on the NR. It bolted on like a cover to the fender. With the mounts attached to the undercarriage of the fender. But apparently they stopped making it. But check it out:

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
The H-D luggage rack requires drilling as well.

You can mount either the H-D luggage rack or the backrest individually or mount both together-- but no matter how you do it, you're going to be drilling a number of large holes.

The only two ways to avoid that are the Brazilian on (referenced above) or the Bicep Backrest (spendy and long out of production).

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Yeah the fender is drilled. My muscle has the sissybar and luggage rack installed and if you want, I would trade it for a fender that’s not been drilled for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
Yeah the fender is drilled. My muscle has the sissybar and luggage rack installed and if you want, I would trade it for a fender that’s not been drilled for them.

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes it is drilled. IIRC, 4 large holes and a bracket mounted under the fender for support.

I ended up buying another fender so I could switch back-n-forth as I like the smooth fender look much better. Takes maybe an hour to swap them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts