Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the length of the stock shocks on a VRSCR? The shocks on this bike are 13" long and the bike is slammed. Just wondering.
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine are 15.75" on the bike on side stand,...i thought they would be closer to 16" if i took the weight off or took shock off bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think 13" is too low for handling etc, and kinda looks wrong, a lot of opinion on here that 14 to 14.25" is better,..you get the lower seat height without too much sacrifice in handling

·
Registered
399 Posts
i think 13" is too low for handling etc, and kinda looks wrong, a lot of opinion on here that 14 to 14.25" is better,..you get the lower seat height without too much sacrifice in handling
Other than cornering and bump absorption it will handle OK. If the seat height is it,why not thin it down? Lotsa material to work with,it's thick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have Stock VRSC Shocks on my bike...13"...its slammed and I love it...I have the pre load set pretty high to prevent killing the fuel tank...but it sits very nice...I do however need to do something before a passenger can get on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Other than cornering and bump absorption it will handle OK. If the seat height is it,why not thin it down? Lotsa material to work with,it's thick.
actually there is very little take off seat,..if you push down hard on seat there is about 1/2" before it hits the plastic framework of seat, i took it to have done and trimmers said nothing to take out of it

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
sent PM, ready to go as soon as $ rcvd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts