Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
What's up? Didn't you buy the bike with the stock exhaust installed? Have a bad spot that needs to be fixed?

Might be able to get a repair instead of having to purchase another. The satin finish is pretty easy to fix.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok did not want to talk about this

Yes i got it with stock exaust, but last night wanted to clean them
i used blue polish and put to much pressure on one spot because of a road dirt and this spot became shiny:banghead:
really piss damm it, don't think there is anyway to fix it:bash:

maybe somebody as them laying in the garage collecting dust
since everybody remove them ??

i feel really stupid

·
Registered
818 Posts
ok did not want to talk about this

Yes i got it with stock exaust, but last night wanted to clean them
i used blue polish and put to much pressure on one spot because of a road dirt and this spot became shiny:banghead:
really piss damm it, don't think there is anyway to fix it:bash:

i need the right one only, maybe somebody as them laying in the garage collecting dust
since everybody remove them ??

i feel really stupid

You could try some "0000" steel wool to try and get the satin look back. Go easy on the pressure.

You are not the 1st...I know there was a couple of posts last year about the same. Check Ebay and Craig's list for the exhaust, hope you get lucky.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could try some "0000" steel wool to try and get the satin look back. Go easy on the pressure.

You are not the 1st...I know there was a couple of posts last year about the same. Check Ebay and Craig's list for the exhaust, hope you get lucky.
i tried the 0000 no good

·
09 vrscf
203 Posts
I have mine also with around 300 miles on them. I went to UPS store shipping was ridiculous $70+. If you still need them send me a pm.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well you guys have all been great but so far i can't spend over 200$ for my stupid mistake, the wife will kill me, :chainsaw: so i will be waiting a little to get the $$ in hand to buy them.
come back y'all

Thanks

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok got pipe from a member here but not totally happy with them (i know i am anal)i want another set, make sure there is no scuff at all, and when you look at them from any angle in the day light you don't the shape of the baffle (ripple) on them i know it's sound weird but you can see ripple when looking at the outside can in the day light and only from a specific angle (on my stock one you do not see this)
M.
they cost 63$ to ship from usa with usps

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, you can try change the left muffler to right side and vice versa, they are exactly alike. By change of place may not see the scratch. Do not lose anything to prove, is a very cheap fix :)

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
ok got pipe from a member here but not totally happy with them (i know i am anal)i want another set, make sure there is no scuff at all, and when you look at them from any angle in the day light you don't the shape of the baffle (ripple) on them i know it's sound weird but you can see ripple when looking at the outside can in the day light and only from a specific angle (on my stock one you do not see this)
M.
they cost 63$ to ship from usa with usps
sorry you werent happy with the pipes,at least you just paid for shipping. I thought they were perfect

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, you can try change the left muffler to right side and vice versa, they are exactly alike. By change of place may not see the scratch. Do not lose anything to prove, is a very cheap fix :)
yes i did you can still see it

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry you werent happy with the pipes,at least you just paid for shipping. I thought they were perfect
it's fine don't worry. just being picky
hope you enjoy your new bike

Mike

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a pair I just took off my 400 mile F on Thursday. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.
will get in touch soon

M

1 - 18 of 18 Posts