Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

just had base line run done on the , before mods i am doing tonight.

Got 113.27 HP and 75.39 ft-lbs. only mod being drilled exhausts.

What did anyone else get as standard?

Filter, PC3 and super trapps going on tonight.

Any thoughts on topless or not?

all help, suggestions, etc welcome

Mac

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
mac53 said:
Hi

just had base line run done on the , before mods i am doing tonight.

Got 113.27 HP and 75.39 ft-lbs. only mod being drilled exhausts.

What did anyone else get as standard?

Filter, PC3 and super trapps going on tonight.

Any thoughts on topless or not?

all help, suggestions, etc welcome

Mac

I wouldn't touch anything!!

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Don't worry about the number. Add the mods, and then run again on the very same dyno. If it improves, fantastic. I've seen a variance of 8 hp with my bike on 2 different dynos.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Mine was 103 and 70 bone stock

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
118 and 82 for mine, so yours should be similar

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
So all that dough for 5hp....I'm done playing those games

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
It is not just the peak numbers that are nice, it is all the extra punch in the low end and midrange that make it worthwhile!!! Whereas a stock V-Rod won't break 100hp before 8,000 rpm's or so, mine hit 100 hp at about 6,500 or so rpms and just kept increasing from there!!! There is also the big fat torque increase at the lower RPM's

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
streetrodder06 said:
It is not just the peak numbers that are nice, it is all the extra punch in the low end and midrange that make it worthwhile!!! Whereas a stock V-Rod won't break 100hp before 8,000 rpm's or so, mine hit 100 hp at about 6,500 or so rpms and just kept increasing from there!!! There is also the big fat torque increase at the lower RPM's

I'll take your word for it

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
If you go to page 29 in the dyno run sticky in the high performance section, V10 sport dynoed his STOCK R and it was 102 HP at about 8200 RPMS. Go to page 31 I believe and find mine. I crossed 100 hp at about 6400 RPMS and peaked at 118 at around 8900 RPMS. My Torque line was around 80 ft. lbs from 4,000 RPMS on up.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I believed you Street Rod Brother.....I'm just holding on to my cash instead....

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
If you go to page 29 in the dyno run sticky in the high performance section, V10 sport dynoed his STOCK R and it was 102 HP at about 8200 RPMS. Go to page 31 I believe and find mine. I crossed 100 hp at about 6400 RPMS and peaked at 118 at around 8900 RPMS. My Torque line was around 80 ft. lbs from 4,000 RPMS on up.
You can't get a good comparison comparing bikes on two different dyno's in different parts of the counrty on different days. I bet you will get entirely different numbers if you get yours dynoed at Gail's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got 101 Hp, and 67.5 for torque on my 06' R. That was bone stock. What is the big difference between everyone's numbers.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Dale "R" said:
You can't get a good comparison comparing bikes on two different dyno's in different parts of the counrty on different days. I bet you will get entirely different numbers if you get yours dynoed at Gail's.
I am well aware of that, but it was just to make a point that the money spent on the mods was money well spent!! Look at the post right above, another stocker at 101-102 hp!!!!!!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
hunterlab20 said:
I got 101 Hp, and 67.5 for torque on my 06' R. That was bone stock. What is the big difference between everyone's numbers.
Depends on the modifications!! Mine has a 2-1 exhaust and is dyno-tuned with an SERT! Also has a highflow K&N air filter and runs topless!! Some pipes make power, while some actually lose power!

·
Greg
604 Posts
Mine was 106.1 and 70.5 stock. 109.4 and 74.1 with supertrapps and se filter. I also wasn't too concerned with the numbers, just happy to see a gain.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
I am well aware of that, but it was just to make a point that the money spent on the mods was money well spent!! Look at the post right above, another stocker at 101-102 hp!!!!!!
Did you dyno your bike on the same dyno when it was stock ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dyno Results with mods

Ok, got bike back today:

117.5 BHP
79 Ft Lbs

Not a huge increase over stock, but got the crisp throttle response i wanted and an AFR of 13 dead.

The take of 1t 70 mph is phenominal. Rain put an end to the fun though.

Tuner reckons topless will gain me 5 more BHP minimum, but nead fro hearing aid 5 years earlier:angeldev:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Great numbers mac!!!! seems to me that you are very happy with nthe results!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts