Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real quick question: Does anyone have the spec's for the rise and pull back on the stock DX bars?

Thanks.

JW
Chattanooga

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That is a mystery my friend becuase you will get various measurements from different places. For example, this site has specs but they don't match the official Harley dimensions.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

You can find the Harley dimensions on the Harley site. I've also been emailed totally different dimensions from handlebar retailers which don't match this sites or Harleys lol.

Trust me dude, you will never get the correct specs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. After 2 seasons of the stock bars,I may want a little more height and pull back. Really like the Iron bars but not that they are narrower. We really need the width and leverage for a bike with such a long wheel base and wide back tire. I'd like to find the Iron bars height and pull back but with the same and/or extra width. They are an 1 1/2 narrower than the stockers.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The stock bars would be perfect if they had maybe 1-1.5 inches of more pullback. I bought the reduced reach DX bars, and haven't put them on yet because I believe they offer too much pullback. I also have the Iron bars sitting here and haven't put them on either because they are too narrow.

**** me, I need a bar that is wide, with the same rise as stock, but 1.5 inches of more pull back...

Any bars out there like this?

·
Registered
70 Posts
The stock bars would be perfect if they had maybe 1-1.5 inches of more pullback. I bought the reduced reach DX bars, and haven't put them on yet because I believe they offer too much pullback. I also have the Iron bars sitting here and haven't put them on either because they are too narrow.

**** me, I need a bar that is wide, with the same rise as stock, but 1.5 inches of more pull back...

Any bars out there like this?
I have not bought new ones as I'm waiting on Bumbles results.. lol..
but I want the same requirements myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts