Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Dirty Red"
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back, I was looking to trade my CFR for a Thunderheader. CFR is making me deaf and I need a change.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Have you tried the Vortex cone? I've got it and Thunder Monster baffles in my CFR and it is quite rumbly and non-ear bleedingly loud.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I still don't understand the "ear bleeding" CFR pipe sound. I've had my CFR pipe for a few years now and my ears never and I mean NEVER bled from the loudness!! Yes it's loud, compared to stock. Put a Vortex cone in it and it takes the "harshness" for the lack of a better word out of the pipe at high RPM. If thats not enough try the Thunder Monster baffles, but keep the CFR pipe. I don't know how many time I've heard people complain about how loud the CFR's are. Well, what do you expect? Didn't you do any research on the pipe before you spent almost $1K in the pipe just to get it and hate it???:spank: It is a straight through pipe... NO BAFFLES. Well you can get them now, but thats a whole nother story. Try ear plugs, FF helmet, what ever. Trading down to a Thunderheader makes no sense IMHO. But it is your money and equipment... Good luck.:deal: BTW 777 that pipe looks great on your bike!

Attachments

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Would you consider a trade for a Rinehart 2-1?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Now that would be a good deal! The Riney's sound great!

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Let me know what you decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts