Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 09 night rod special. Few days later the front brake is not working and the the brake lever is stiff and will not engage the brake. After reading the forum, I’m assuming it could be the ABS module. I’m just not sure if it’s the hydraulic control unit or the electronic control unit. Anyone ever come across this issue?

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Recently purchased a 09 night rod special. Few days later the front brake is not working and the the brake lever is stiff and will not engage the brake. After reading the forum, I’m assuming it could be the ABS module. I’m just not sure if it’s the hydraulic control unit or the electronic control unit. Anyone ever come across this issue?
It's the HCU.
Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the HCU.
Ron
If it’s the HCU, wouldn’t the back brake have issue as well?

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Is it feasible/safe to bypass the abs and run a nonabs brake line?
Yes, a number of our members have bypassed the ABS unit. On my '09, I have even pulled that 5lb. piece of junk out and it is sitting somewhere under my workbench.

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.