Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry no--It's not real. I built this in Photoshop in a half-serious effort to see what would be involved. With the right skills, these mods seem highly feasible. Hardest part will be hiding all of the water cooling and computer stuff.
1- The double-rail backbone was angled up and stretched forward.
2- Downtube was stretched but no change in angle.
3- The V-rod only diagonal tube that connects the backbone and the downtube is lengthened but left in it's stock location.
4- Therefore the louvered air intake covers are now much longer and at bit wider. Air cooled choppers have a big gap in this area. By emulating that "old school" gap, numerous water cooling and computer parts would be exposed.
5- New rake is 46 degrees. Fork tubes lengthened.
6- Raised the "bulging" faux tank/airbox cover.
7- Rear of bike was lowered and cleaned up.
8- Handlebars lowered.

Hope you like
/Steevo

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love it! Can you clean up the handlebars more? Maybe remove the bulky mirrors, turn signals and instrument cluster and put some drag bars on? And sit that rear fender right on the tire and put a solo seat on it! I'll take one...

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
I was looking to rake my front out to a 46 and leave the forks alone. leaving the forks stock it would have lower the the front of the bike. I was given a price of $1,500 to rake it out the I would have to have the frame painted or chromed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
mattj said:
I was looking to rake my front out to a 46 and leave the forks alone. leaving the forks stock it would have lower the the front of the bike. I was given a price of $1,500 to rake it out the I would have to have the frame painted or chromed.
Can I ask who quoted that? And since you're talking about re-painting the frame I'm assuming that quote was to cut and re-weld the neck vs. using raked triple trees? Don't forget to get real knowledgable with rake/trail before you do this (maybe you already are?). Check out http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts