Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how I mounted the steering damper on my "R" . The frame attachment is am old shift linkage from a 4 speed shovelhead, and the front end bracket I made out of stainless flatbar and machined spacers, as I diddn't want to drill n tap into the triple clamp. the unit itself is from Storz, but the mounting hardware for a standard V-Rod won't work on the "R". It works very well and has completley cured that scary wobble on the way down from high speed with my sport shield buffeting like crazy ...man.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chicks seem to dig the in n out action of it......the airhead guys say..........duh, what is that thing for, power steering???

·
Registered
103 Posts
cool stuff. I'm thinking of installing one myself to cure the wobbling after I lowered the front. It seems nobody make a bracket for the R. The only problem is the placement look quite dangerous - I prefer the ducati top style damper or rotary damper (might be hard to do for our bike).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I diddn't want to drill n tap into the triple clamp and I made sure it diddn't bind in any way. No leg clearance issues.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hotwheel said:
cool stuff. I'm thinking of installing one myself to cure the wobbling after I lowered the front. It seems nobody make a bracket for the R. The only problem is the placement look quite dangerous - I prefer the ducati top style damper or rotary damper (might be hard to do for our bike).
Lower the rear to match the front and the wobble will be cured .. .

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool. Especially if you know what it is. Thanks for sharing! :D

·
gRRR
239 Posts
What's that red windshield you are running? Any more pics of that?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts