Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I have a 2012 F model. A few weeks ago I noticed when I go and get on the bike and move the steering, it felt like it was catching on something, not moving smoothly. I moved it back and forth a few time and it went away, but it kept happening when left over night. I did some searching on here and it’s apparent these bearing go south after about 10k if not maintenanced. I've had the bike 4 years now and I’m at 11,700K.

I have done a fall away adjustment, that helped a little to free it up, but it’s still catching.

I feel pretty confident on replacing the bearings myself, but I’d like to hear from anyone that has done this job before. Any advice on what to do and what not to do? I can get the part numbers from http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc

But can any of you tell me what tools would I need to remove the races from the steering frame on the bike? And if I need a special tool to remove the bearing from the steam? I have read a few that said you need special tool and other say you just need to use two flat head screw drivers and it just came right off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts