Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have another strange question. im picking up my new o7 d thursday. i have a magnetic tank bag. will it work on the vrod. ive hearad that the airbox is aluminum/carbon fiber, etc. im hoping its steel so my tankbag will work.just dropped off my sporty for the last time at boswells here in nashville and will pu my vivd black d thurs (already named vinnie the v with a newyork or jersey accent and attitude)
fred from nashville:)

·
Factory Guy
244 Posts
Actually, during the beginning of the '07 model year, the material for the air box covers was changed to steel. Some of the '07 bikes were built with aluminum covers until those were all used up. So if you buy an '07 bike that was built this calendar year, it will probably have a steel airbox cover and you can use your magnetic tank bag.
That's good news isn't it?

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
Sir Fred,, Mine is steel.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmmmmm. well. so i guess ill know thursday. wow at least there is a chance. ty very much:notworth:

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Sir Fred, mine is steel also.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh you guys. my day is being made!:dance:

·
Registered
310 Posts
If by chance yours is aluminum and not magnetic, try placing magnets on the underside of the airbox where the magnets on your tank bag would rest. The magnetic fields between both magnets should be strong enough to hold.

·
Registered
330 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
have another strange question. im picking up my new o7 d thursday. i have a magnetic tank bag. will it work on the vrod. ive hearad that the airbox is aluminum/carbon fiber, etc. im hoping its steel so my tankbag will work.just dropped off my sporty for the last time at boswells here in nashville and will pu my vivd black d thurs (already named vinnie the v with a newyork or jersey accent and attitude)
fred from nashville:)
As long as you got the metalflake paint :rofl2:

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I was under the impression that starting w/ some 07s they were switching to steel???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts