• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: When Gowanda Harley-Davidson built this motor for me, I think they did a great job! I raced it all summer (between rain-outs) and got 'er down to consistent 12.3's in the quarter.

(I'm #100)

Handwriting Font Material property Magenta Paper

I am having just one issue. The crank position sensor o-ring wasn't seated properly and I've had a leak ever since. Note: this isn't the dreaded stator wire leak like everybody else has. Gowanda used a new grommet and some RTV when they put that part back together.

Purple Automotive lighting Violet Pink Magenta

Ok, so no biggie. I'm doing an oil change and addressing the leaking crank position sensor issue today. Well...I actually have to wait 'till Tuesday when they open again but, like I said, no biggie. $2 o-ring.

Now...can you guys take a look at the condition of my stator and give me any advice about it's health (for lack of a better term), please?

Food Automotive lighting Purple Ingredient Cuisine

Should I replace this while I've got it open?

Thank you in advance!

-Sean

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Very rare you will actually see a visual problem with a stator. Harley list a test sequence for checking the windings and another with the motor running. Best thing is check as they instruct and if all is good put it back.
Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Font Monochrome photography

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks coastrider. I have yet to do that, but now I think it's too late. I should have checked that part of the book before I drained the oil. Well...I guess if it's not been giving me any charging issues I can wait to test it again BEFORE the next oil change. Ah well...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Thanks coastrider. I have yet to do that, but now I think it's too late. I should have checked that part of the book before I drained the oil. Well...I guess if it's not been giving me any charging issues I can wait to test it again BEFORE the next oil change. Ah well...
You can still do the first test (the resistance test) before you reassemble it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts