Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most likely some of you have heard of the notorious "Stater Leak" on the Night Rod Special.

I have ordered at replacement of the stater part, about 350.- bucks plus labor - I placed the order in September 2013 - still Harley says it is back ordered to this date! Anyone have any ideas where to get the part sooner??? This shit is unbelievable that a replacement part is not available - any idea an suggestion is welcome.
Also looking for Porsche /Harley Derby cover ( left side when sitting on bike)
Thanks

Philipp

·
F'd up
273 Posts
Fix the leak yourself. It will cost less than $10 and take maybe 2 hours of work with overnight dry time. There are several threads on it and it's really fairly simple and straight forward process. Black RTV worked really well for me. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Listen to mswjude and save yourself $350. If you are not mechanically inclined find a buddy that is and spend an hour labor and overnight dry time. Then cancel your order.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Listen to mswjude and save yourself $350. If you are not mechanically inclined find a buddy that is and spend an hour labor and overnight dry time. Then cancel your order.
Great, thanks for the info - I will try to do that, as I have no other choice anyway, because the damn part is not available :)

Thanks
Philipp

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
I did mine about 3 years ago. Still holding. I used about 1/3 tube of high temp RTV to seal real good.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Ride it out to Las Vegas. I can fix it. Takes 24 hours to dry, then 15 minutes to put it back together. Might cost 10 bucks. Joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for your reply -

This is definitely a solution to my stator cover issue - even though this one does not have the detailed writing on it: "Porsche & Harley Davidson Milwaukee" - it only has Porsche on it, but definitely better than the original .
Thanks -appreciate it!
Philipp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts