Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a couple of threads where they had to re-dyno their bike cause of change in weather (hot to cold), change in altitude. Is this really necessary? or did I just waste $300. and should've gotten one of those tuners that continuously adjusts themselves.

Why is it that when you change the exhaust in your truck or car there is no need to remap?
EFI is supposed to do these things automatically :hmm: :hmm:

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Oxygen Sensors!!!!
Ours don't have them, so there is no automatic adjustments from the ECM!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oxygen sensors doesn't seem too hard to install

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
If anyone is tuning their bike constantly with temperature changes they are obviously racing the bike, normal street bikes should only have to dyno once and be done, unless you go from the eastern coast to say denver then you would have to retune. I have a PC3 and it was dynoe'd just once and done. I have no temperature issues with my tune.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Does the efi not automaticaly adjust based on sensor input for air temp and barometric pressure?, you should not have to retune for weather or altitude!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Spaz said:
If anyone is tuning their bike constantly with temperature changes they are obviously racing the bike, normal street bikes should only have to dyno once and be done, unless you go from the eastern coast to say denver then you would have to retune. I have a PC3 and it was dynoe'd just once and done. I have no temperature issues with my tune.
:them:

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only thing I know of that adjusts your tune is the IAT sensor...
How that has an effect on the pcIII, i dont know yet. I havent ordered mine as of now.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Some people just like to fiddle with their toys all the time.

Tune it once and forget it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
DTHDOC said:
Does the efi not automaticaly adjust based on sensor input for air temp and barometric pressure?, you should not have to retune for weather or altitude!
The EFI system adjusts for temperature, not pressure, as there is no Mass Airflow Sensor. The 2008 system should allow for changes in pressure and density altitude with the addition of O2 sensors.

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
I sold my PCIII and got a RT. Prior to the RT, I was running RJ's map with my v-modded stockers, which is universally known as one of the best PCIII maps available for that combo. While it was a very good map, my overall perfomance was much smoother with the RT. Overall power is the same, but everything is noticablly smoother.

·
Registered
494 Posts
sburke91 said:
I sold my PCIII and got a RT. Prior to the RT, I was running RJ's map with my v-modded stockers, which is universally known as one of the best PCIII maps available for that combo. While it was a very good map, my overall perfomance was much smoother with the RT. Overall power is the same, but everything is noticablly smoother.
How did you go about building your map for the SERT?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts