Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, just got a 2017 NIGHT ROD SPECIAL untouched with 500ks on the clock.
Before i start down the custom road, (style yet to be decided) i was wondering what stock items are best modified/replaced.
I've always found there's some factory parts that could be better. switchgear nuts and bolts etc.

Any advice would be most welcome.

·
VRSC est -03
2,588 Posts
Welcome to 1130cc.
Last year model V-rod... personally not a big fan of those plastic kits out there, I would keep the bike mostly as is. Of course there are some interesting components out there; Akrapovic exhaust & Power Vision, Øhlins rear shocks, Lithium battery, internals front fork, fat handlebar, list goes on... It all depends on your intensions for the bike, wallet too. Is it for showing up at Bondi Beach with your new 26" front wheel or is it for a quick cup of coffee at Ayers Rock? The bike is solid as is and meant to be ridden.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the info, That's what i was thinking bit more power better ride, any suggestions for the front forks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd spend some seat time on the bike first and see where you feel like you could use some upgrades. I've got a YouTube channel with several DIY and review videos on different parts:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd spend some seat time on the bike first and see where you feel like you could use some upgrades. I've got a YouTube channel with several DIY and review videos on different parts:

Thanks, good videos very informative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts