Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i started airbrushing my bike yesterday...we are going riding tomorrow so all i had time to do was the horn cover and the front fender....nothing crazy just true fire...only going to the airbox and might decide to do the rear fender also just have to see after im done with the airbox....but here are the pics and a few extra of the hole bike...paint is ppg jet black...airbrush paint is autoair in trans white,candy yellow,and gold sunset...

Attachments

·
Dean
775 Posts
Looks good. Are you an airbrush artist by trade or by hobby?

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
You have all sorts of things going on - rear wheel and swingarm off a DX, front wheel from a F model, AW Frame.

Nice looking real fire. I like the green - makes me think of burning copper.

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Great airbrush! Can compare with any professional airbrush.

Do you have to protect it with a clear coating after the airbrush? I wonder ift it will resist if you wash it or so?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Very Nice work!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great airbrush! Can compare with any professional airbrush.

Do you have to protect it with a clear coating after the airbrush? I wonder ift it will resist if you wash it or so?
Thanks alot!!! Yea it has 4coats of clear coat then I wetsanded off 1 coat and then buffed it...so it's even better than a stock paint job cuz Harley don't put that many coats of clear on it!!!

·
Steppenwolf
159 Posts
Thanks alot!!! Yea it has 4coats of clear coat then I wetsanded off 1 coat and then buffed it...so it's even better than a stock paint job cuz Harley don't put that many coats of clear on it!!!
So that airbrush will be even more worthy than any paid airbrush because what you do for yourself is always done perfect. Woluld be interesting how it looks in real - 4 coats must give a real feel of deepness. I also like the colour, has something new and fresh.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So that airbrush will be even more worthy than any paid airbrush because what you do for yourself is always done perfect. Woluld be interesting how it looks in real - 4 coats must give a real feel of deepness. I also like the colour, has something new and fresh.
Yea it's nice cuz I can do what I want as I go..then step back and look at it and see if I think it needs somthing else...and the color looks good in person...kinda diff from what most guys do with real fire....I'll post up pics of the airbox cover this week after I'm done...thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts