Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pop on fb marketplace and look up motorcycle lift. I bought my craftsman lift for $50 from an older gentleman in my area. He used it once. I bought it specifically for my v rod because I needed to lift it to change my rear tire after a blow out. I tried using my pit bull rear stand from my r1 but that wouldn’t work. The craftsman lift works awesome for the v rod. I’m about to use it again to change my front tire. Good luck and hope you find one

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the aluminum jack from. Harbor freight. Is $179 but goes on sale frequently and typically you can find a 20% off coupon. It is low profile and slides under the bike with no problem. I initially had their steel version as much cheaper but it sits too high when collapsed for the f and would have to pull the bike almost eleven to get the steel one to side under it. This aluminum is awesome. When I wash my bike, I do it on the lift so I can easy spin the tires to clean them and the rims and the jack won’t rust.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lbs-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-63397.html

·
Registered
160 Posts
I could not make out your pic, but I have a scissor jack which lifts it off the ground to do most work. Only problem is the oil pan extends lower then the frame rails so you have to either get one that has extenders that mount directly on the rails, or you will need to fabricate something that will perform the same function.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought a Craftsman aluminum...works fine, but I'm tempted to get a table-type hoist to raise it high with wheels down.

For me, it is easier on the jack vs table as I like to raise it with the wheels in the air and makes it very easy to clean the rims when I wash it or detail it. I have the aluminum jack and wash the bike while it is on the lift in the air and not need to worry about the jack rusting

·
Registered
76 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.