Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I took the bike out for a test run and while opening the throttle all the way in first, pulling the clutch and coasting to the next light (not shifting to second) the bike stalled twice. Any ideas. Could it be something wrong with the mapping? I put the custom works Daytona airbox with gauge inserts on the bike. To do this you have to cut the top of the air box lid off. Is that something that needs to be accommodated for in the mapping that choppersteve did for the power commander. Also I put all the disks in on the supertrapp but it is raining so I cannot test it tonight. What will that exactly do?

Kaz, I tried to e-mail you, but I believe my e-mail might be on the fritz tonight. I dunno.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
If you modified the airbox make sure the IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor is plugged in. It may have popped out or the connector may not be fully seated.

The mods to the airbox won't cause enough problems off throttle to cause stalling with your EFI maps but a disconnected IAT could.

·
Registered
16 Posts
stalling

If your bike is a 2002 there is a Service Bulletin from H-D that may help you, ask your dealer if Service Bulletin # M-1124 would help your stalling condition.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
I Have what you have,but I'm topless.I don't have the problem you have.Mine is when I try to take off from a start.It'll either stall or bog.The tuner bites,but I found a New dealer to tune it.Did you get the fuel flange recall?If not talk to the dealer and see if your bike needs the flange replaced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check with your dealer to see in your bike (VIN#) is in the Fuel module flange program. If it is, start with having that replaced, it may be related

1 - 12 of 12 Posts