Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to make my own braided lines, not only for my bike, but also for my other vehicles. I have been scanning the internet for a good all in one kit but do you have any suggestions?

Having made many brake lines for my cars/trucks, I know for sure I will need a cutter, crimper, and possibly some AN tools.

Any feedback would be appreciated. If I get good at this, maybe I can make some for the forum members as well to recoup my tool costs.

·
Registered
519 Posts
vrodderD said:
Hey guys,

I want to make my own braided lines, not only for my bike, but also for my other vehicles. I have been scanning the internet for a good all in one kit but do you have any suggestions?

Having made many brake lines for my cars/trucks, I know for sure I will need a cutter, crimper, and possibly some AN tools.

Any feedback would be appreciated. If I get good at this, maybe I can make some for the forum members as well to recoup my tool costs.
It is soo much easier to buy DOT approved pre-made lines in custom length from Goodridge. They are pressure tested and DOT approved. By the time you buy the parts (unless you buy bulk) the cost is not far off and you get a certified product.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RODent. When I buy my brake lines, I will go certified DOT. I was just thinking of fuel/brake lines for automotive and braided coverings or similar for ugly electrical wiring on the bike that can't be stuffed in the bars. But with the proper flaring tool and connectors, brake lines can be made as well, but requires different materials.

Sorry, should have been more clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts