Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Happy Muscle Rider
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally ready for my stage I upgrade. I made up my mind and I am planning on this step: V&H slip-ons, PCV, SE air filter.

I found V&H slip-ons new online for $500 shipped at indysuperbikes. Any other recommendations will be highly appreciated!!

I already bought the PCV off eBay, and will probably pick up the SE air filter at the local HD dealer in Houston.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am finally ready for my stage I upgrade. I made up my mind and I am planning on this step: V&H slip-ons, PCV, SE air filter.

I found V&H slip-ons new online for $500 shipped at indysuperbikes. Any other recommendations will be highly appreciated!!

I already bought the PCV off eBay, and will probably pick up the SE air filter at the local HD dealer in Houston.
Sounds like a good list of parts, Not sure what tuner you decided on but I would stay away from the auto tuner, it may cost a bit more but I would go with something like the Screamin Eagle Super Tuner and a good dyno shop will get you dialed in right. I got 122HP out of my 09 with a K & N filter, V & H 2-1 and a SE tuned by Sauk Prairie HD :D

·
Kidzap
1,064 Posts
I've always like the Power Commanders and ease of use but in this case I'd still have the bike checked and setup on a dyno or go the extra mile and purchase the auto-tune unit that marries to the PCV. They use wide band O2 sensors which are way more effective at controlling AFR's then harley's narrow band O2 sensors.

Just a thought, Enjoy your nice sounding ride ...........

·
Registered
32 Posts
direct Harley parts has the pipes for 480 shipped. I'm on the verge of ordering these as well but still not sure about those or the tabs.

·
Happy Muscle Rider
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good list of parts, Not sure what tuner you decided on but I would stay away from the auto tuner, it may cost a bit more but I would go with something like the Screamin Eagle Super Tuner and a good dyno shop will get you dialed in right. I got 122HP out of my 09 with a K & N filter, V & H 2-1 and a SE tuned by Sauk Prairie HD :D
I am using Power Commander V, I have been reading about it and it's rated high in the list.

·
Happy Muscle Rider
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've always like the Power Commanders and ease of use but in this case I'd still have the bike checked and setup on a dyno or go the extra mile and purchase the auto-tune unit that marries to the PCV. They use wide band O2 sensors which are way more effective at controlling AFR's then harley's narrow band O2 sensors.

Just a thought, Enjoy your nice sounding ride ...........
Thanks SvFiat. I am not planning on buying the auto-tune, not sure if it is needed at this point, will see.

·
Happy Muscle Rider
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
direct Harley parts has the pipes for 480 shipped. I'm on the verge of ordering these as well but still not sure about those or the tabs.
I had the same decision to make, it's very hard to pick one of them, but I like the look of the V&H on the muscle better.

I read many negative reviews about direct harley parts that it takes forever to receive the parts, not sure if it's true, please let me know if you or anybody had past experiences with them. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts