Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My secret weapons have just arrived!:diablo: Many thanks to Roger Friedman "Owner/Manger" of DYER'S TOP RODS.These are what the worlds Fasted V-rods of Tripp Nobles and Jamie Mc Naughton are running in their 175 rwhp 12000 rpm Big Bore Monsters!:icon_twis Roger sent me out a set of 300m Forged and Cryo-treated Rods for my new Big Bore Sam and I are building!The Wiseco Big Bore uses the stock Factory Rods which are Tooth Pics compared to these Sculpted Pieces of Racing Art!:notworthy He even put in the Finest Super Bolts Money can buy to hold everything together!:D Sam and my self will be doing a Build up article with Pics ,prices and Parts #'s so you to can have a 200rwhp Monster if you Dare!:sinister: Please check out www.dyersrods.com or call1-800-TOP-RODS {867-7637} and speak with Roger"tell'm I referd ya".He is so Sharp it's Scary!Stay tuned for More!:cool:

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Sounds good Kaz. The Carrillo rods will be what are in my BB V-Rod. I'm only wanting to make 145 rwhp and run mid 10's.

John

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should know more Next week.My Warranty work will not be finished for another week or so until thats done I can't take it to Sam.!:( I have a Leak around the input shaft and it's not the SEAL!:eek: I'm hoping to God I did not Bend it!If so it will be a Major PIA to have fixed and Warranted!It would require a Whole Bottom end tear down and Lots of Time and Money! :( Will keep you all Posted!

P.S John does Carrillo make rods for the V-rod?I did some checking and These are the Best on the Planet!:cool:

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
John,

FYI, I've never used Carillos in a bike but my race engine (a 2 liter high compression Porsche 2 liter) used them before. For some odd reason they bend (high compression... 14.5 to 1). I'm using Titanium ones now made by Pauter (I don't know if they have bike aplications though) with ARP rod bolts and head studs.

my $0.02. Cheers, Juan

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John,
Tripp Nobles told me his engine builder"Don Tilley" Swears by the Dryer's Top Rods.They even make a Nascar Bearing Version!:eek:I will stick to what is know to work in High Horse Power, High RPM ,Race V-rod Motors!;) For what you need I'm sure they will work.How much are they?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No 300m Forged Heat and Cryo-Treated H-beam Bad Boys!:diablo: Check out their webs site it's way to high Tech for me to explain!:confused: Maybe we have some Metallurgist that can tell us what 300m is and why their stuff is so Trick!:cool:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$500 for the Pair plus Shipping!:cool:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1534 but the speedo is way off from the gearing!Ya Most all of my Miles are On the Dyno and Drag strip!Not much street riding for me.To Slow and I got Rocked from a Semi while cruzin the 95 by my house and Freaked!It was a semi Hauling dirt and he almost killed me!:eek: Rocks in the Face"open face skid lid" at 80 mph Hurt!:mad: I all most Shot the Mother F#cken Driver!Bloodied my face and chipped my Paint and that was that!No more with a skid lid and my Pretty Bike!;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Kaz
I am planning to buy V-Mod big bore kit.
I do not do any Drag strip race (got a 2004 R1 with 210HP for fun...).
Is the kit good for normal street use?
Thanks.
Ori

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Israeli V-Rod said:
Hi Kaz
I am planning to buy V-Mod big bore kit.
I do not do any Drag strip race (got a 2004 R1 with 210HP for fun...).
Is the kit good for normal street use?
Thanks.
Ori
? not sure what he has so I could'nt honestly say. :2cents:

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Kaz, so how you gonna hold the tranny together? Was that the weakest link in the system?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rich Moran said:
Kaz, so how you gonna hold the tranny together? Was that the weakest link in the system?
Crazy Glue! :thumb:

·
Registered Coonass
335 Posts
300M data

Info from Principle Metals, Inc.

300M is a low alloy, vacuum melted, steel of very high strength. Essentially it is a modified AISI 4340 steel with silicon, vanadium and slightly greater carbon and molybdenum content than 4340. 300M has a very good combination of strength (280 to 305 ksi), toughness, fatigue strength and good ductility. It is a through hardening alloy.

Applications for 300M steel are those that require strength in the 290 - 300 ksi range, such as aircraft landing gear, high strength bolts and airframe parts.

:thumb:

Pepper

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pepper said:
Info from Principle Metals, Inc.

300M is a low alloy, vacuum melted, steel of very high strength. Essentially it is a modified AISI 4340 steel with silicon, vanadium and slightly greater carbon and molybdenum content than 4340. 300M has a very good combination of strength (280 to 305 ksi), toughness, fatigue strength and good ductility. It is a through hardening alloy.

Applications for 300M steel are those that require strength in the 290 - 300 ksi range, such as aircraft landing gear, high strength bolts and airframe parts.

:thumb:

Pepper
My Dryer's Top Rods are 300M!Thats Stuff is the BEST! :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts