Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Stage 2 cams and I also have Fitzgerald ground pounders, topless airbox, K&n filter. After install the manual says to recalibrate the ecm and I need a dealer for that. I don’t have any sort of tuner on the bike now, I’m going to a dyno Monday and he’s going to use just the stock computer. My question is it okay to run the bike to hear the new cams before the dyno and not recalibrate the ecm or should I wait and drop the bike off and have the dyno guy tune it? I don’t wana harm the engine.

·
VRSC est -03
3,402 Posts
I just installed the Stage 2 cams and I also have Fitzgerald ground pounders, topless airbox, K&n filter. After install the manual says to recalibrate the ecm and I need a dealer for that. I don’t have any sort of tuner on the bike now, I’m going to a dyno Monday and he’s going to use just the stock computer. My question is it okay to run the bike to hear the new cams before the dyno and not recalibrate the ecm or should I wait and drop the bike off and have the dyno guy tune it? I don’t wana harm the engine.
Same issue here a year ago, the engine builder fired here up before entering the dyno,
engine needs to be at operating temperature when dyno session starts.
Check the torque to the headers flange nuts when cooled off, may loosen a bit.
Share with us the # when dyno`d. Good luck.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
Most good builders have a good base map that they start with when tuning for more significant engine work than just a pipe and topless. In the case of the Stage 2 cams, at least applying the HD map that comes with the stage 2 cams would put you in a safe spot. The bike's going to be significantly lean, with the bone-stock map in it, given the stock map is on the lean side to start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I got the bike back and it’s awesome. I did not start it before giving it to him. So I didn’t hear it until he fired it up with s base map in the dyno. It was at 113hp and 73tq to start. After tune 130hp and 84tq. She sounds awesome. He raised the rev limiter and lowered the idle for me for a more choppy sound. She also spits flame which is my favorite.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.