Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have already searched the forums and read multiple comments suggesting to buy Jones cams. Unfortunately, he's very difficult to get a hold of. What other options do I have? I was informed, by the dealer, that SE2 cams are no longer being made for vrods.

Does anyone know, how long does it take for Jones to decide to stop hibernating? I want a sweet sweet stage 2 kit for my night rod special 2017.

Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have already searched the forums and read multiple comments suggesting to buy Jones cams. Unfortunately, he's very difficult to get a hold of. What other options do I have? I was informed, by the dealer, that SE2 cams are no longer being made for vrods.

Does anyone know, how long does it take for Jones to decide to stop hibernating? I want a sweet sweet stage 2 kit for my night rod special 2017.

Your best bet is to either wait for the next group buy, find a member who's willing to sell you a set, or get ahold of mike. Also keep checking eBay the occasional stage 2 shows up.
Megacycles had a reground cam a few years ago but I'm not sure many members run them.

·
Registered
364 Posts

Your best bet is to either wait for the next group buy, find a member who's willing to sell you a set, or get ahold of mike. Also keep checking eBay the occasional stage 2 shows up.
Megacycles had a reground cam a few years ago but I'm not sure many members run them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Try surdyke.com for the SE2 kit. Part #30076-09. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
remember the cams are just the start of the costs,you will need tb shafts,the stock ones break,a decent tuner that works with these cams.and patience along with someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That is generally true. Tuner, 100% no doubt. Competent person to tune, most important part. Throttle body shafts, mine are still stock, cams been in 2 seasons.
But generally yes. Cams are step 1. Of many.....

·
Registered
658 Posts
Oh I am well aware, been down this road a couple times. Honestly the thing I worry about most is sourcing the right size shims, without buying a crapload of useless pieces I will never use..

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Oh I am well aware, been down this road a couple times. Honestly the thing I worry about most is sourcing the right size shims, without buying a crapload of useless pieces I will never use..
Keep in mind, worst case, these shims can be ground at a decent machine shop, for that exacting size needed. No a belt sander won't work. LOL
Ron

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
i have made a shim grinder attatchment to fit my lathe and am able to get my clearances exact this way.basically a fine grinder wheel in the chuck and a shim holder in the tool post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts