Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have seen the cams for 399 on ebay .The install price varies .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cam Pricing

Wabash Valley HD in Terre Haute, IN will sell the Stage 2 kit for $500- 20% discount on performance parts during the winter = $400.

They didn't say when the discount started only that it would begin when business slowed.

For those who already have the air intake part of the stage 2 kit, you might be able to work out an even better price on just cams once their discount begins.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Anyone recall the part number for the 1250 cams ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Somebody did a thread on stage 2 installation and they posted the install instructions. I haven't found that thread yet, but I did find this post by ebrown0104:

kit breakdown

front stack - 30078-09
rear stack - 30079-09
intake cam (x2) - 17470-09
exhaust cam (x2) - 17473-09
air filter - 29793-02c
cam cover gasket kit - 17010-01k

says the kit will only fit 07 VRSCX and 08-later models, probably because of lack of compression releases, but as we all know there should be no problem working in the older bikes. Also, says all models require ECM recalibration with Super Tuner, so it sounds like no reflash will be available.

just ordered a set for my 1300... should be fun ;)

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I'd have a good think about whether you actually need it or just want them for willy waving purposes - all the gains are at the top end

·
VRSCF
1,272 Posts
I'd have a good think about whether you actually need it or just want them for willy waving purposes - all the gains are at the top end
thats the conclusion I came to....and save the money up for forced induction and do the job properly :)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i highly recommend the fitting of full piece throttle shafts when fitting se 2 cams.the oem shafts will fail in time and high mileage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts