Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the dx back from my mech,really happy with the performance more torque and pickup in bottom end really picks up after 4000 rpm.130 hp and 86 torque:moped:
:moped:

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
I haven't heard or read where anybody had bad things to say about the stage 2 cams for the V-Rod. Great numbers - any other engine mods?

·
Registered
976 Posts
This is one of the mods I want to do.I`m looking to justify the expense .

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Just got the dx back from my mech,really happy with the performance more torque and pickup in bottom end really picks up after 4000 rpm.130 hp and 86 torque:moped:
:moped:
Sounds like a happy dyno!
Great mod though.

Jim

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Sounds like a happy dyno!
Great mod though.

Jim
Not too happy, though. Most of the 1130's doing this mod are seeing 125 to 128 HP. Nice gain over stock for the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only other thing I've done is put the power commander on and then got it dynoed it was getting 119 hp before the cams went in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
How much did they set you back Steve? Did you get them from frasers?

·
Registered
731 Posts
OK guys, for the Stage II cam upgrade, PC III, PC V or Screaming Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner? And why?

Phatass

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Only other thing I've done is put the power commander on and then got it dynoed it was getting 119 hp before the cams went in.
that is about a middle ground reading dyno.. that is a little more than ours would get for that combo but less than some of the other dyno`s in the area.. 11hp is a very significant amount of hp gain for just a cam change..

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
bigger tb`s would really make a difference on that bike i would bet on 4 or 5 more hp at peak rpm.. there would be a small loss on the low end but would feel like a rocket when you are twisting the throttle hard..

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
that is about a middle ground reading dyno.. that is a little more than ours would get for that combo but less than some of the other dyno`s in the area.. 11hp is a very significant amount of hp gain for just a cam change..

Thanks for supporting what I have seen people post up here.

Jim

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Not too happy, though. Most of the 1130's doing this mod are seeing 125 to 128 HP. Nice gain over stock for the price.
:them:

I also added SE Heads and have been on 3 different dynos in my area and made 126-128, 2 of the pulls in the same day...

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
Mine put out 131 hP and that is with head work, 58mm TB, larger fuel injectors, 1/8" stroke, the SE Stage II cams, and a 240 rear tire.

Jim

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Mine put out 131 hP and that is with head work, 58mm TB, larger fuel injectors, 1/8" stroke, the SE Stage II cams, and a 240 rear tire.

Jim
Your losing 3-4 hp with the 240 probably.. And mine was a Smoothrod build and anything Lonnie works on is well put together and tight... :D

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Be specific Tim, who are talking about.
Most I have seen, see a 120hP to maybe 122.

Jim
Gene's bike is the example I was thinking of. Stock 1130's in general are obviously seeing bigger gains than the 1250's due to the fact that they are swapping heads and cams, so the gains are more substantial than a cam only increase such as on a newer V that already has 1250 heads.

I have the setup almost ready to put on my bike, just need the SERT and time to do it. I am expecting similar results.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts