Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if you have them in your bike or not. I go my first vrod the beginning of the yr and the guy i got it off of did not know anything about it do to he got it from an insurance auction.
He said everything done to the bike was already done when he got it.

So my question comes up trying to finger out whats all done to it. What i know is done is just vmodded pipes he also had no airbox lid when i got it and it had no low end power so i put one one and what a difference. Still has the 30tooth front. What makes me wonder about the cams is at an idle it kinda sounds loppy and if im in first and diving below 10mph or 15mph with no clutch it jerks and rpms jump from 1500-2000 or is this normal and my main power is around 4000rpms.
I do not have a power commander on it thats a winter project.

Will post a video of it ideling when i get off work tonight to help out with idle sound.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
My '02 has had the lopey idle since the day I left the dealer with it in '02. Sounds like a small block Chevy with a 18-8 cam. It also jerks and surges if you try to run it too slow. But I can cruise around town in 3rd and 4th if I want as long as it is over 2000 rpm.

I would bet your motor is stone stock. Especially since the Stage Two cams have only been out for a year or so.

·
Registered
464 Posts
:them:
My '02 has had the lopey idle since the day I left the dealer with it in '02. Sounds like a small block Chevy with a 18-8 cam. It also jerks and surges if you try to run it too slow. But I can cruise around town in 3rd and 4th if I want as long as it is over 2000 rpm.

I would bet your motor is stone stock. Especially since the Stage Two cams have only been out for a year or so.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
if putting the lid back on the air box made it run better you are running very lean.. with the right tuner removing the lid can be worth 4 or 5 hp..

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
How would the Stage II differ or improve from the factory cams on a 2005 CVO? any other changes need to be done to install them? Thanks

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
30T will take away low end power.

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,075 Posts
How would the Stage II differ or improve from the factory cams on a 2005 CVO? any other changes need to be done to install them? Thanks
You'll notice performance gains. There is a map for the SERT for these cams also, a good 2-1 exh. will optimize your gains as well.;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts