Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
My 2006 Night rod has some kind of squeeking sound when accelarating below 3500rpm, if I give full throttle it disappears, and it also disappears if I pull the clutch.

Wondering what this could be, exhaust? Clutch? Engine?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Not sure if you have the same squeaking as I get, but the drive belt needs a little belt dressing from time to time or I can hear it squeaking at the pulley. Since I first noticed it I have installed new belt and pulley and I still get it ......aggravating

·
Registered
655 Posts
I get it around 15mph while coming to a stop.What do you dress it with,was also told to lube the cush drive with windex?

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
You need to take off the bottom belt guard and scrub in between the teeth of your belt with a stiff nylon brush and windex. Dressing only temporarily stops the squeak. You will probably have to do this every 500 miles or so (depending on the condition of your belt) or replace the belt with a new one.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The problem is the belts are in like new condition and brand new bikes have been known to do it.If it's only noticable idling to a stop most dealers will tell you its normal.Personally mine doesn't bother me as long as it's safe.Everyone says belt drive is almost maintenance free yet don't have a clue what that means so I'm going withe the windex approach as described above and just checking it for other problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, will give it a try. Guess Windex is equivalent to Ajax thats sold in Norway.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Check and adjust that belt as well. An out of adjustment belt (too tight or loose) will also make some odd sounds.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
Thanks, will give it a try. Guess Windex is equivalent to Ajax thats sold in Norway.

FWIW Windex is very similar to windshield washing fluid. A watery like fluid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts