Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the stock length chrome covered ones on my 05A and they are about 1 year old. I recently cranked them up to 4 and did some bumpy 2 up rides and now they sound like a squeaky spring mattress. They aren't rubbing anywhere visible.
Besides replacing them or getting a louder exhaust, anyone know if this can be remedied?

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Beeek said:
I've got the stock length chrome covered ones on my 05A and they are about 1 year old. I recently cranked them up to 4 and did some bumpy 2 up rides and now they sound like a squeaky spring mattress. They aren't rubbing anywhere visible.
Besides replacing them or getting a louder exhaust, anyone know if this can be remedied?

Spray some PB Blaster in there, it will take care of it, that stuff is amazing.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Night Rodder said:
Spray some PB Blaster in there, it will take care of it, that stuff is amazing.
Never heard of it until I just looked it up here. Sounds like a great idea. They call it a penetrating catalyst...whatever that means. I'll go look today at our automotive stores but I doubt I'll find it...maybe an equivalent.
Thanks for the idea! I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Beeek said:
Never heard of it until I just looked it up here. Sounds like a great idea. They call it a penetrating catalyst...whatever that means. I'll go look today at our automotive stores but I doubt I'll find it...maybe an equivalent.
Thanks for the idea! I'll let you know how it turns out.
Try Big Lots of all places, they have it for $3.00 a can compared to $4.00 a can at Walmart or K-Mart. I swear by the stuff and use it on almost everything.

·
Registered
322 Posts
WalMart or an automotive store (Advance Auto, Checker, Autozone).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts