Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Whig party
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NE1 familiar with a squeaky rear brake noise on the DX? Ive only got about 500 miles on the DX and I've got a mouse in the tire or something? Any brake noise in general during break in normal? Thanks

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The sound should be gone by the time you have your 1000 mile service. The tech noted that he had to tighten up my belt quite a bit. The singing might be the sound of the belt stretching out and breaking in. I noticed at first, but it was gone after having the belt tightened.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
The sound should be gone by the time you have your 1000 mile service. The tech noted that he had to tighten up my belt quite a bit. The singing might be the sound of the belt stretching out and breaking in. I noticed at first, but it was gone after having the belt tightened.
Mine has 2400 miles and I still get the noise.. so it isn't going away by 1000 miles :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didnt have the belt noise until after my 1000mi service. I only hear it when Im off the throttle and under twenty mph. Right now, the belt has almost no play in it at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts