Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My rear brake has been getting sqeakier lately.
It has gotten to the point where it's so loud I really avoid using it.
I've always been used to slowing the bike down with both brakes simultaneously and I've had to adjust to a warped front disc so I use the rear a little more. Now I can't even do that so I'm really annoyed.

The front rotors on this bike tend to warp easily. This is my second one.

Is there a spray on anti-squeak or something I can use to stop this available?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
If you have the brembos, which I think you do, but a muscle rear rotor on. My rear has never turned so easy.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the brembos, which I think you do, but a muscle rear rotor on. My rear has never turned so easy.
Really? Is it compatible?

What's the difference?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
If you are using the stock brake pads replace them with either Lyndall Z-Pads or EBC pads available on E-Bay.

·
Registered
221 Posts
He's right!

Get rid of the HD Pads, they're usually the problem. It's probably all that was wrong with your front brakes also. I read so much about "Warped Rotors" only to find out later that it was only the factory crappy pads. I thought I had a warped rotor also and read here that changing the HD pads to Lyndal's would take the problem away. It did, instantly except now not more than two weeks after I changed the front, I have the same exact problem with the rear. I ordered the Lyndal's they'll be going in when I change my tank over.
Ed

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Hi all,

My rear brake has been getting sqeakier lately.
It has gotten to the point where it's so loud I really avoid using it.
I've always been used to slowing the bike down with both brakes simultaneously and I've had to adjust to a warped front disc so I use the rear a little more. Now I can't even do that so I'm really annoyed.

The front rotors on this bike tend to warp easily. This is my second one.

Is there a spray on anti-squeak or something I can use to stop this available?

Thanks
I'm in need of a front disk (rotor) too. Apparently the latest ones are better. I hope so.

As for the pads - I find mine squeak if I mess up the surface for any reason (this pair were a right pain to get in) and also if the pad is juddering. A bit of coppaslip behind the pad often helps. Also worth checking everything is tight, including the disk (rotor) bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts