Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a road rod kit on my 08 AW and I cannot seem to get rid of the squeak's in the fairing.Have tried padding contact point's and using e-glide goodies w.s. mounting hrdwr. to no avail.Has anyone had any luck with this or should I just turn the radio up ?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Is this a recent development or since the original install? I know a few people have experienced failures where the Cyclevision mount cracks between the neck and fairing so you may want to check that?

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Where? Isolate the noise - remove the windshield, see if it stops. Tighten everything and inspect the main mounting points where they go around the frame. Try to recreate the noise. Push, pull, twist, shake, but find it, and then the fix is easy. I had one on the left side. I ended up with a 2" piece of leather, slid behind the bracket, zip tied to the bracket, and it eliminated it. The following winter, I bent the bracket to provide the clearance. Good Luck! Joe
Plan B: fire short barrelled revolvers without ear plugs until the squeak goes away! Not the best plan, but seems to work. Now, I get told to turn the TV down all the time!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah cptjam,I hear that!Duck season is right around the corner,that otta due er.No crack in bracket.I have gone through the fairing and secured wiring,padded rub point's (I use the fuzzy side of self stick velcro)and gen. tightning.Odd that when you try to move it it barely does but when you watch it goin down the road look's like it's gonna bounce off!I will try it w/o the wndshld and see what that does.Good idea.After that keep tryin other spot's,wish it came apart easier!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
every time I had a squeak it was a failure in the bracket

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Behind the neck is where most failures are. Should be pretty solid. Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts