Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 VRSCD topless, stock pipes were modded, PCIII dyno tuned by the dealer,with 36000 miles. All the maintenance has been done on time. The bike runs great under power but when you run at an even speed it will start sputtering and missing. I thought the valves lash might need to be adjusted so I checked it and it did need adjustment. I did the adjustment and thought that would stop the rough running, but it didn't help. Any advice anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Take the PCIII out and see if it still sputters. It is easy to eliminate and they have been known to fail.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Take the PCIII out and see if it still sputters. It is easy to eliminate and they have been known to fail.

:them: i'd unplug the PC and see what happens. also it may be some bad fuel. i've seen water in fuel and it not be as noticeable under WOT, but at crusing speeds it skip and sputter.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
:them:

Also about having someone else tune it. I had my D "tuned" by a HD dealer and they just went for the best numbers on paper. In real life the bike ran like absolute crap. Check out the EFI threads and learn how to tune it yourself.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
:them: i'd unplug the PC and see what happens. also it may be some bad fuel. i've seen water in fuel and it not be as noticeable under WOT, but at crusing speeds it skip and sputter.
:them:

Also about having someone else tune it. I had my D "tuned" by a HD dealer and they just went for the best numbers on paper. In real life the bike ran like absolute crap. Check out the EFI threads and learn how to tune it yourself.
:stupid:

If water gets into the PCIII connectors, it's done for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts