Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a stock 04B model, how many teeth are on the front sprocket? I'll double check my mph per rpm's tomorrow but what should it be if the sprocket has never been changed? I'm running a 200 50 series Metz that's almost bald and I know that may have a small effect on the speedo calibration but I'm curious what sprocket came stock on this model. I want to say that at around 50 mph I'm turning about 3K rpm's but I'll check tomorrow for verify.
Respectfully,
Ed

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much!

Now I can sleep knowing that I've retained another useless piece of information but I just had to know. I would never change the sprocket as I am totally satisfied with the bikes performance as it is but I was just curious because I read of guys going to 30t and was wondering just how much difference it really makes.
Thanks again,
Ed

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Now I can sleep knowing that I've retained another useless piece of information but I just had to know. I would never change the sprocket as I am totally satisfied with the bikes performance as it is but I was just curious because I read of guys going to 30t and was wondering just how much difference it really makes.
Thanks again,
Ed
don't go to a 30t.... it's like trying to get a D8 Cat to jump off the line if you do.....especially with 2 up riding....HD switched to the 28T after the first 2 years of production for a reason...... as for these guys who talk about switching to a 30t on the newer bikes for fuel economy is basically laughable.......enjoy your 1 mpg improvement and your bogged down pig off the line...:bash:

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
The tooth count is stamped on the front of the pulley.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks allot Roadrunner.........

You're exactly correct. I don't want to lose any low end off the line not to mention that if you've ever ridden an older model in just crawling traffic and don't have a slipper clutch you had better have an arm like Arnold or you're going to get pretty sore!
Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts