Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all not sure this is the right area im sure the mods will move it if it isnt!! i was on the phone today with Adrian at Sprintex Australia and he informs me that because of the number of enquiries theyve had in recent times that they are considering a limited run of these kits. so the more demand the sooner these kits will become available. so send you email with your stated interest to [email protected] even if youre just curious the enquiry will help bolster the numbers required to get this on the road. heres the best part. when they ceased making these kits available they retailed for under 6K AUD which makes them all the more sweeter for you guys with the stronger US dollar....email away :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
There was a guy on FB who had several kits in stock. I believe he was out of the UK. He had a couple small upgrades to the existing kits as well. Eventually this is the route I want to go as I love how almost everything is hidden on this kit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that wouldnt be Fredy.ee would it? the only guy i know of thats still doing these kits commercially. his kits are 6500 euros though which equates to around $10600 AUD. get on board then and shoot sprintex a email :)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
that wouldnt be Fredy.ee would it? the only guy i know of thats still doing these kits commercially. his kits are 6500 euros though which equates to around $10600 AUD. get on board then and shoot sprintex a email :)
Yes, that is him, he is from Estonia not UK. He has several of the original kits and is in the process of building more kits with some mods.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all not sure this is the right area im sure the mods will move it if it isnt!! i was on the phone today with Adrian at Sprintex Australia and he informs me that because of the number of enquiries theyve had in recent times that they are considering a limited run of these kits. so the more demand the sooner these kits will become available. so send you email with your stated interest to [email protected] even if youre just curious the enquiry will help bolster the numbers required to get this on the road. heres the best part. when they ceased making these kits available they retailed for under 6K AUD which makes them all the more sweeter for you guys with the stronger US dollar....email away :)
Sounds very promising ??
Have sent an email expressing my interest ?????

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was one of the people bugging Sprintex not long ago, few months, about their superchargers. When they asked why I was looking for a S5-150 SC, I told them I wanted one for my Night Rod. I'll send them another email now!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
My understanding was a custom builder named Fredy.ee took over the production and was selling them. He is also supplying 5 gal tanks for 02-06 bikes, again claiming he's making them. This new info is interesting.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sprintex are the manufacturer. i think Fredy ee is just picking up kits and doing slight mods to the kits he supplies. when i spoke to Sprintex they said that there wasnt a great demand for their kits so they ceased production. they had about a dozen kits left over. then in a short time frame these kits were snapped up and since then they have had over 100 inquiries as to the availability of these kits so they have decided to do a limited run of kits starting at the end of this year or early next year...unless they get even more demand in which case it may be earlier. that is why it is important to get the word out there and start sending emails !!!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Sprintex are the manufacturer. i think Fredy ee is just picking up kits and doing slight mods to the kits he supplies. when i spoke to Sprintex they said that there wasnt a great demand for their kits so they ceased production. they had about a dozen kits left over. then in a short time frame these kits were snapped up and since then they have had over 100 inquiries as to the availability of these kits so they have decided to do a limited run of kits starting at the end of this year or early next year...unless they get even more demand in which case it may be earlier. that is why it is important to get the word out there and start sending emails !!!
When Sprintex ceased production it was Freedy that bought up all the remaining stock. These were std Sprintex kits. After he has sold all these he is selling his slightly modified kits. Then Sprintex decided to do a re-run.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Why would you want a supercharger kit that runs off the water pump shaft? Terrible design and idea. Also, compared to the other kits on the market it sounds like getting parts for the kit when it fails (and it will) may be close to impossible.

I'd stick with a Rotrex s/c headunit based kit because at least the headunit itself is obtainable (and about the only thing to really "break" in those kits).

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Why would you want a supercharger kit that runs off the water pump shaft? Terrible design and idea. Also, compared to the other kits on the market it sounds like getting parts for the kit when it fails (and it will) may be close to impossible.

I'd stick with a Rotrex s/c headunit based kit because at least the headunit itself is obtainable (and about the only thing to really "break" in those kits).
No argument on my part. I agree, using the pump shaft adding extra loads on the chain system isn't the best way.
Ron

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i havent heard of any failures yet?? have you? ( real failures not Bro science either ..like my mates sisters cousins boyfriend had one that failed....utter bullshit ) ) besides i dont want all that crap hanging off the side of the bike... looks like shit IMO :)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
i havent heard of any failures yet?? have you? ( real failures not Bro science either ..like my mates sisters cousins boyfriend had one that failed....utter bullshit ) ) besides i dont want all that crap hanging off the side of the bike... looks like shit IMO :)
There have been a few issues with them, hence the updates. Too lazy to look them up again but it was likely drive and bearing related. I've lost interest in the unit. Me, I don't like the extra strain on the chains and guides which will shorten there life. Not a fan of the electric water pump either, other then full blown racing. No way around that long term extra wear and tear on the drive. It was never designed for those loads. Keep in mind, many of those bikes get very little miles on them to establish a good overview in issues vs miles. No one can argue TTS isn't a good system. It's well proven in the auto field, other then the one model liking to snap the impeller off sometimes. This might have been addressed by now, however, these are a different model then supplied for the v rods from TTS. For the V rod apps it's pretty much the same setup otherwise and crank driven of course. Replacement parts cannot be had from Rotrex but a firm in Texas can rebuild and supply replacement parts if needed. One last tidbit. The Sprintex will not develop the same max power the TTS will and many have been disappointed that way. The centrifugal will also run a cooler charge temp then the rotor lobe unit. Only down side I can see is it's not stealthy. In any case, one needs to decide what they like best and run with it. Both work.
Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts