Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MWT III/IV/V alumni
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in to Roeder HD in Sandusky, Ohio today and was chewing the fat with the guy behind the parts counter. Told him I was thinking about a 240 rear tire and ran a few scenarios by him. He said he would go talk to the tech guy and came back and told me that a '07 swingarm is not interchangable with an '03. I'm not sure if it is or not because when the tech guy came out, I was just saying that I'll stick to a 200 rear tire and he said it couldn't be done. I looked at him funny and said I have seen it, he said there wasn't enough room on the '03 to do it. So I told him about this web site I frequent, 1130cc.com, and told him to check it out. Hopefully he will and not try to discourage anymore vrsc riders who have questions that they can't answer honestly and correctly. 1130cc.com is the authority on v-rods and I for one, will always come here for the answers I need. Thanks everyone!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Yep...gotta keep educating the "experts." FWIW...The dealer put my first one on.

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Great way to get the word out, that is, only if he is really interested in learning a thing or 2 about these machines.

·
Registered
239 Posts
please remember that he works for a dealer that has to do things the right way liability wise... if you call and ask me if you can fit a big block Chevy in a V-rod i'll say yes.... with a pliers and a torch anything is possible... most folks think dealers say these things for no reason well that's not true.. your well being and safety come first... this saves them the lawyer's fees down the road...don't ask the dealer these type's of questions.. save yourself the hassle...besides they dont have a magic button to advise if these fitments are possible without them trying first!

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Vr Master said:
please remember that he works for a dealer that has to do things the right way liability wise... if you call and ask me if you can fit a big block Chevy in a V-rod i'll say yes.... with a pliers and a torch anything is possible... most folks think dealers say these things for no reason well that's not true.. your well being and safety come first... this saves them the lawyer's fees down the road...don't ask the dealer these type's of questions.. save yourself the hassle...besides they dont have a magic button to advise if these fitments are possible without them trying first!
Company Man?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Vr Master said:
Agreed - why do you suppose so much stuff is "off road only?" Just because we modify stuff does not mean it is right. We do it anyway, but we don't claim it is safe or sensible. What fun is that?

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
higgybulin said:
I stopped in to Roeder HD in Sandusky, Ohio today and was chewing the fat with the guy behind the parts counter. Told him I was thinking about a 240 rear tire and ran a few scenarios by him. He said he would go talk to the tech guy and came back and told me that a '07 swingarm is not interchangable with an '03. I'm not sure if it is or not because when the tech guy came out, I was just saying that I'll stick to a 200 rear tire and he said it couldn't be done. I looked at him funny and said I have seen it, he said there wasn't enough room on the '03 to do it. So I told him about this web site I frequent, 1130cc.com, and told him to check it out. Hopefully he will and not try to discourage anymore vrsc riders who have questions that they can't answer honestly and correctly. 1130cc.com is the authority on v-rods and I for one, will always come here for the answers I need. Thanks everyone!!!!!!
That's great man! Spread the word and this way the experts can consult with people out there actually using the stuff!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
when I was buying my vrod I tried to get them to put a 260 on my bike at the cost difference between the 240 and the 260 as an incentive to buy the bike... the dumbasses in the back went on and on about how unsafe it was and they couldnt sleep at night knowing they were putting my life at risk...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts