Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! I am a proud new owner of a 2007 V-Rod, and it's probably the best motorcycle I've ever owned!

I am only 5'6" and the stock shocks (13.25") are just a hair too tall for my short legs. I have a pair of Sportster shocks (11.50") hanging out in the garage. Does anyone know if I can put Sportster shocks on a V-Rod? I know the V-Rod is much heavier, so I wasn't sure if the Sporty shocks were too weak or if a shock is a shock... Thanks in advance for your input!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
many folks have lowered their A and or AW by an inch, 2" may have you rubbing in spots and or bottoming out. Make the switch and pay close attention for rubbing and other noises.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
be very careful. sporty's are much lighter than our bikes and the stiffness of their shocks reflect that. By mistake, a vendor sent me sporty progressive shocks (without me knowing). I mounted them and bottomed out so bad i totally ruined a brand new metz rear tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - that certainly makes me nervous to put these things on... So not only are the Sporty shocks 1.75" lower, it sounds like they are also much weaker... Probably not the best solution.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
When I ride the Sportie the rear end dips dramatically when I take off, you would think it has 100lbs of Torque the way it goes down. I would only Imagine putting them on a VRSC would be a bad idea.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
different rate springs - I don't recommend it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys! You have kept me (it sounds like) from making a pretty nasty mistake... Happy riding!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
order and install Progressive 12" rear shocks from v-shop

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I ran a set of 11 1/2's on my 03 with a 200 rear tire.They were way to rough for me.
if you want inexpensive,find a set of stockers and have them cut to 12 inches.With a set of take offs and the labor to have them cut,along with shipping,you will have about $175 invested.
I run 12 inch cut shocks on both of mine and I'm happy as hell.I have a 240 on the 03 without anything ever scraping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts