Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! I am a proud new owner of a 2007 V-Rod, and it's probably the best motorcycle I've ever owned!

I am only 5'6" and the stock shocks (13.25") are just a hair too tall for my short legs. I have a pair of Sportster shocks (11.50") hanging out in the garage. Does anyone know if I can put Sportster shocks on a V-Rod? I know the V-Rod is much heavier, so I wasn't sure if the Sporty shocks were too weak or if a shock is a shock... Thanks in advance for your input!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
many folks have lowered their A and or AW by an inch, 2" may have you rubbing in spots and or bottoming out. Make the switch and pay close attention for rubbing and other noises.

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
be very careful. sporty's are much lighter than our bikes and the stiffness of their shocks reflect that. By mistake, a vendor sent me sporty progressive shocks (without me knowing). I mounted them and bottomed out so bad i totally ruined a brand new metz rear tire.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
When I ride the Sportie the rear end dips dramatically when I take off, you would think it has 100lbs of Torque the way it goes down. I would only Imagine putting them on a VRSC would be a bad idea.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
different rate springs - I don't recommend it...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
order and install Progressive 12" rear shocks from v-shop

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I ran a set of 11 1/2's on my 03 with a 200 rear tire.They were way to rough for me.
if you want inexpensive,find a set of stockers and have them cut to 12 inches.With a set of take offs and the labor to have them cut,along with shipping,you will have about $175 invested.
I run 12 inch cut shocks on both of mine and I'm happy as hell.I have a 240 on the 03 without anything ever scraping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.