Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" hello,my name is tonya.i now have an 883 beautiful sporster,i have customized this bike to fit me..new big tank,pipes,seat,and lots and lots of chrome.i have had my eye on this beautiful scream eagle vrod,it has my name all over it.my problem is that each time i think i can trade my sporster in i just cant do it.i love my sporty,it also has alot of sentimental value as well.i really want this vrod.HELP!!!! i cant have both..what do i do?????:banghead:

·
Registered
731 Posts
You know what you must do. That is why you find yourself here. The only regret you will have is, that you didn't do it sooner.
:vrodforu:

Phatass

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Keep the Sporty and buy the V. :D

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome Tonya ! My first Harley was a 1000cc 1975 Sporster for 17 years and 3 rebuilds and 54,000 miles.Now I have a 2005 Screaming Eagle and sold the old bike. After you ride it you will never turn back. In 2 1/2 years I got 31,000 miles on it and change oil and put in gas and plugs every 20,000 miles.Try it and you will like it !

·
Dean
775 Posts
I was kinda in the same boat. After being away from bikes for 15 years or so....I picked up at 03 1200 Sportster. I dumped a lot of money into "chroming it out"...and it was a great bike, and there was no other Sportster around my area like it.

My intent was to keep it and at somepoint get a touring bike.

Then I demo'd a VROD and loved it. Eventually I traded in the Sportster (took a beating on all the addons...you will never get back what you put in) and got the V.

When I got the VRod...I told my wife that I would not add anything to it (mods, accessories, etc.) as I learned my lesson from trading in the Sportster. That didn't last too long.

I honestly have no regrets. The VROD is an awesome bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
vrod vs sporty

I just traded in my sportster 1200 for a vrod about a month ago. I loved my sporty too but the vrod felt so much better. A woman bought my sporter about 5 minutes after I walked out of the dealer. I know it went to a good home. It is her first bike just like it was for me. I even get to see pictures of it on facebook occasionally.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
I bet your sportster is great and I know for a fact that you will love a V even more. I went from Sportster to 05' V-Rod SE and then added a Road King. So now I have two. In fact, I have had two for two years. I love my V and will be torn inside when I sell it. But I tend to ride the Road King 90% of the time. I took the V out today for a blast and all I can say is that you will absolutely love it. BTW, mine is for sale :)

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Take the SE V out for a good ride and when you return you will run to the Sportster with the "For Sale" sign.......GUARANTEED! The V is a whole different bike :D

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,147 Posts
This is my 5th bike. Pretty much my favorite bike out of all the bikes I have ever had.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
My sporty was my first Harley, after being insulted on a trade in towards the vrod I pledged to keep her 'forever'..... a couple summers later and never riding it I finally sold it and have never regreted the sale once....

the upgrade from sporty to vrod is HUGE, loved my sporty, love the vrod even more

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Just give in and do what you already know you are going to do... And then enjoy the ride. You will be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
883 vs v-rod a no brainer

" hello,my name is tonya.i now have an 883 beautiful sporster,i have customized this bike to fit me..new big tank,pipes,seat,and lots and lots of chrome.i have had my eye on this beautiful scream eagle vrod,it has my name all over it.my problem is that each time i think i can trade my sporster in i just cant do it.i love my sporty,it also has alot of sentimental value as well.i really want this vrod.HELP!!!! i cant have both..what do i do?????:banghead:
Tonya,I made the same mistake in 05,but it only took 30 days to
figure out the sportster wasn't what I wanted.I lost around $ 1,600
on the change,but it was the happyest day of my life.I found the 883 was hard pressed to get much more than 70mph out of it,and the SE V-Rod you will probley be in third gear at 70 mph.
A 883 sportster is a low end entry bike,where as the SE V-Rod
is at the top of the V-Rod line,and will give you the screaming thigh
swats every time you thro your leg over the seat to ride it.What year is the SE V-Rod?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vrod

hi bad attitude!!!! this rod that im looking at,well have been looking at for two years now is an 05,its red,gold and has black in it.i have a pic but i need to find the time to get it in here.my sporty is an 08.i got it right out of the crate.i need a pic of that as well.this sevrod is soooooooooooo awsome..i get to ride one every year.my friend just throws me the keys.i take off and its the coolest ride ever.last time he forgot he gave me the keys and went to leave and his bike was gone.lol.he then remembered when seeing me flying up the road with this blonde hair flying behind,thats what he said.everyone knows i love a vrod and want one.thanks,tonya:moped:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone for helping.i am hoping that i can make up my mind soon or it just may be awhile,and i cant wait to let you know what i did!!!! something has to give here!!! tonya

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice bikes!!!! i was born and raised in sandiego calif.have been here in cumberland for many years.i would love to visit sometime... go calif...

·
FOO
19 Posts
I am gonna buy a V-Rod and sell my 883 in the spring.
If you cant afford to keep an 09 Sporty plus the V-Rod
buy mine! it"s a 2002 w new brakes and rubber for $4000

1 - 20 of 54 Posts