Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as it is a little quiet in here I thought I would see if I could stir up some comments!

I have had a few Sporties in my time and liked em all and I must admit the new 48 has caught my attention.

Is it just me or doesn't it look a cool little sled for scooting around town etc:moped:

Of course forking out the thick end of £9K for the privilege is a sobering thought so maybe a deal on Ebay plus a few mods is the cheaper option? I dropped by Chesterfield HD the other day and they have a few with custom paint jobs - asking £10k per pop:broke:

Anyway thoughts comments here please:blahblah:

Skin

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the look of it to Jon, it would have to be a town run around though with that size fuel tank. I was up at Warrs in Chelsea the other day and they had a load in the showroom!

May be some deals about on old stock 2010 model year bikes though and you'll still get the 1st service free by the supplying dealer. You have to pay on 2011 model year bikes.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
That fat front tire doesn't work for me - reminds me of a Yamaha TW200.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I not surprised you like it.

On first glimpse it looks somewhat AJSesque, and then you see the Harley lump.

It is somewhat alluring.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
I like this.
A lot.

What's not to like? It's gorgeous! But that's a totally different animal to a cookie-cutter, blacked-out Sporty with a big, fat, TW200 front tire and a pricetag about $4K too high. A base, stock '04-up 883 looks much better and can be had for <$4K.

I bought a '05 in June,'07, for exactly that, put some goodies on it, and sold it ~a year later for $7300, twice, and I'm still drawing 10% interest on the payments from the 2nd buyer. Sometimes things just work out well. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Seeing as it is a little quiet in here I thought I would see if I could stir up some comments!

I have had a few Sporties in my time and liked em all and I must admit the new 48 has caught my attention.

Is it just me or doesn't it look a cool little sled for scooting around town etc:moped:

Of course forking out the thick end of £9K for the privilege is a sobering thought so maybe a deal on Ebay plus a few mods is the cheaper option? I dropped by Chesterfield HD the other day and they have a few with custom paint jobs - asking £10k per pop:broke:

Anyway thoughts comments here please:blahblah:

Skin
Thats a lot of money for what is basically a tarted up 883,but having said that I think its the best looking bike HD have made in the last few years.Also when you look at the prices of Jap bikes the price difference between them and Harleys is closing fast.When I bought my first HD at the end of the eighties they were megabucks
compared to jap bikes and rare as hens teeth, now they you see them everywhere in fact I remember when I was in the market for a new softail about 1995 I went into Riders of Bridgewater and they only had three harleys in there! As for the 48 I wouldn't mind one in my garage.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I dropped by Chesterfield HD the other day and they have a few with custom paint jobs - asking £10k per pop:broke: Skin
Probably similar to the ones on the Robin Hood website as they are owned by the same company. Still it will give me something to have a look at whilst they do the 1st Service on my bike on the 25th March! :)

Unless the action currently being taken by the G7 Countries is successful we could see the prices of all Japanese goods going up. Thoughts to those who have lost or still cannot find their loved ones following last Fridays tragedy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
funny you should post this !

i'm not a big Harley guy (air cooled) and know little between the models but was only saying the other day

"if only they did a 48 in a big twin"

its the only air cooled Harley i like in the showroom !

although met a guy who purchased a 48 did 100 miles on it and part ex'd it after a few days for a Streetbob , all due to Tank range , he said the 48 is worse then all the other Sportsters and he was getting 58 miles to a tank ????

·
a black one.
388 Posts
Yeah, the 48 Sportster caught my eye aswell, but the petrol tank is way too-small? the Leeds-dealer said that they would put a bigger tank on for me, aslong as I signed up? I said, wooah !!! it just crossed my mind, as a second bike.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking second bike too until I saw the ££££ :-(

However I know what I really want is one of these, just take a look at the model range and dribble;

www.suckerpunchsallys.com

I met the guys when I went to Daytona in 2007 at the Tropical Tattoo Show - proper bikes, proper birds and rockabilly band - I could have stayed all day:)

So basically we all like the 48 but agree way too expensive?

Hope I win the Euro lottery tonight then I can buy you all one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts