Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i thinking of puting ona a hd sporte wind defletor dose it helpwith the wind bee safe all 1130cc:moped:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, it helps...with some body modifications. I have an 07 D with the deflector. I find that if I slouch down and lean back, less wind hits my face. Hope this helps.
Doc

904 Posts
I love having the deflector on my '04-A. Just enough to keep the wind-blast off your chest, which is a big plus on the sustained high-speed runs. With a gut like I've got I have a hard time laying down on the airbox like I could when I was a kid -- and not very comfortable anyway!

You still get the air in the face, but without the buffeting that I experience with the Super Sport windshield I use for winter riding. I always wear a helmet & faceshield in the winter, so that works as well. But the deflector will leave your face in clean air, and it doesn't look like a plastic barn door hung on the front of the bike!

904 Posts
From Harley: 57843-01 ($269.95) for A-models, 57857-05 ($289.95) for B-models. You find them cheap on eBay -- got mine for $75 -- from guys who were dissappointed because it didn't perform like a touring shield.

Here's pics of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the response BHD. Have something similar. The one I have doesn't do me much good, anything over 80 and the wind tries to pull the helmet off my head. Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
SKEEET said:
Thanks for the response BHD. Have something similar. The one I have doesn't do me much good, anything over 80 and the wind tries to pull the helmet off my head. Mark
I have one on my '07 AW and it accomplishes what I wanted when I got it, which is to keep the wind off my chest. I think it's a pretty good middle ground for someone who doesn't want hurricane-force winds knocking them off their bike but also doesn't want to mess with the low, long look of the bike.

The caveat, as was stated above, is that it does exactly what its name says, deflect the wind - right into your face. I ride with a full face helmet so it really doesn't bother me at all, but I could definitely see someone having problems with a half helmet at freeway speeds (at least what are considered freeway speeds in Houston).

·
Registered
11 Posts
if your gonna put it on a 07 cdx.......keep your money. It does a good job of catchin bugs....but redirects the wind up to around your head,and you get thispoppin of the wind. of course its good if you like to lay forward om the air box.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
agdrummer said:
if your gonna put it on a 07 cdx.......keep your money. It does a good job of catchin bugs....but redirects the wind up to around your head,and you get thispoppin of the wind. of course its good if you like to lay forward om the air box.
Welcome to the forum. I have the same sheild on my DX and had it off when I changed my handlebars and then reinstalled it. Thats when I noticed that just a slight change in the angle makes a big difference on how the air flows. One way was fine and the other blew right at my head. Maybe you can loosen it up and try a different angle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks that help me it sound what i wont i think it look nice the bigger one dont look that good to me but wood be great on long trips is thar any whar i can get one thats not hd the be cheper have gretday all 1130cc

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
My wife loves her mid-sport shield on her D.

I can't bring myself to put one on my DX. That might change in the fall/winter when the temps drop into 40's (or 30's) in the morning, but we'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts