Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) How long does it take to put on/take off the windshield.
2) When the shield is off does the mounting hardware that stays on the bike look OK.
3) For those that have it would you recommend it to others?
Thanks for your help.
-any pics would be appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1. about 30 seconds if you take your time
2. not really
3. works great for me-I was going to take it off for summer riding, but think I will leave it on-I think it looks pretty cool and it cuts enough wind that I don't have to hang on when going above 70 (which is pretty much all the time).

·
Registered
154 Posts
i had mine installed before i drove it off the lot...i have no idea how it rides without it. I think it looks good on.

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
Only thing I hate about mine is it seems to rattle all the time. I've adjusted the mounting posts and recepticles a dozen times and it never stops rattling. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
My sevice manager rides a v-rod and told me today that he squirted some silicon in the upper receptacles and the rattling stopped.
Motown_VROD said:
Only thing I hate about mine is it seems to rattle all the time. I've adjusted the mounting posts and recepticles a dozen times and it never stops rattling. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you want the ability to quickly remove the windshield and have minimal risidual bracketry showing you may take a look at the Memphis Shades and the lowers from Vmod.com. I bought that setup a year ago and ride with it to work and in the Winter. On thenice weekend (FUN) rides it comes off in less then 15 seconds. It was a little cheaper then the HD shield too.

QUOTE=Azslightdraw]thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts