Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy the small Sport Wind Deflector over the net.
Partnumber is HD 76843-01.
It is out of the catalogs for a few years, but I can buy a brandnew one. Is there anybody who has or had this shield on his V-ROD ??

Thanks,

Jur
Delfzijl
the Netherlands

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
Check this link out http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135524&page=2
I went with the Sport Wind Deflector (58587-05 for an VRSCB but fits my 02A no sweat). It's just enough to deflect the wind off my chest and doesn't make it look like a tourer. I am not sure what part number you have listed. All the ones that I could find started with a 5, (Maybe Europe is different???)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, the correct number is 57843-01, this deflector is identical to yours for the VRSCB.
I ordered mine this morning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jur i wish you luck,with this part. it is listed as obsolete in north america. maybe they have stock in EU.if so maybe we can make a deal and you can set me up with one as well.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
If this is the sport shield I had on my AW (for a few months) I'd cancel. All bar mounted screens are going to affect the handling a bit at speed, and the question is whether the protection is worth the upset. For me, with this product, the answer was a resounding "No". Protection was feeble, handling upset notable.

Each to their own though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the wind-deflector on the bike and have done a few hundred miles, al I love it !!!
Protection is perfect an the shield is small enough not to spoil the looks of the bike.
I found it on EBAY US from a firm called V-RODZ-R-US. Service and contact with them was perfect.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
it's takes just enough wind off your chest to make the longer rides more enjoyable. That being said, Louis is all the money with how it adversely affects handling. Definitely doable and you can learn to ride aggressively with it in time.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
I run one on my R and like it very much. It's not enough protection for touring but just perfect for back road hooning and city use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed mine on wed(got of Ebay, meant for b but fit my A nice) Just spent the long weekend touring around the north shore of ERIE windy as hell. I like it, as said just enough to keep wind off your chest,and I found no handling issues.
This is also where i plan to tuck a few gauges and a gps, didn't like the idea of them being all out in the open.Ill post pics when i get around to that project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts