Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that many of you will consider this sacrilege, here is my DX in a sport touring form. No more battering on the highway when behind the semis, comfortable 600 mi plus days (with a gel pad), and improved performance at higher speeds. I tried to carry the DX styling forward. Especially in the sun, the Harley bra matches the black denim perfectly. And now I have full instrumentation - something a performance bike should have.

Attachments

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
looks good to me, its your bike do what you want the rest be damned

·
Made in Ceylon
505 Posts
Nice DX Glide. How about a HD sundowner seat?

·
Registered
683 Posts
sc2whls4me said:
Here is a rear quarter shot. I think I maintained some of the brutal look
it's not at all my thing, but I agree it's your bike, aslong as you're happy with it.

but it certainly looks like you have done a very professional job there. did you get the whole fairing custom made?

whilst it's not to my taste , it looks well done.

:moped:

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole fairing is stock Harley RoadGlide. The frame mounting system is now available from Cyclevisions.com in Sandiego. The kit has been available for 02/06 models for several years. The kit for 07/08 just became available in July

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Cool. Looks good. I'm into touring with my DX too. If you want some more long distance comfort try changing the handlebars to the D model. I did and love the result. Pics in my gallery.

·
Cruzin the Dark Side
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The "D" bars are already sitting in the garage waiting for the hydraulic brake line to come in. The hydraulic reservoirs hit the radio pod, and the brake/clutch levers hit the windshield when using the DX drag bars.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Buddy you did a nice job on it, and I dont want to take away from that...but my god am I sitting here wincing looking at what you did to that beautiful machine.

but who am I to talk I know most people are going to hate my chrome wheels so I guess I am no different

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
If you are going to have a HD bagger that is the ONE to have!! Great job!

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Very nicely done :plause:

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
That is one of the nicest looking vrod baggers I've seen. Nice job.

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
I was wondering what a touring bike would look like with a Revo engine in it. Nice job! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
You did a great job with making the bike a bagger. I think you truly made a great V-Rod bagger....If I wanted a bagger I would hope I could pull it off with as much class and style as you......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts