Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the sport front fender?
Do you like it?
Does it look much different than the stock fender?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
glz I have been running the sport front fender since it came out on my bike. It looks much better to me but you can tell the difference if you get caught in the rain. It is short enough that you will take a lot of water off the front wheel.

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Sorry to change the topic, but I want a longer fender. One that goes down the back farther and forward farther. I dont like the rocks hitting the rock intakes all the time and Ive actualy had stones come off the top of the tire and arc up and hit me in the face.
I think lowered with a low fender would be both functional and cool...

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it looks great guys. I don't ride in the rain or mud (and try to stay away from rocks) so no problem here. I was just looking for something more I could do to make my bike look a little different. I'm seeing a lot more V-RODs now and am not wanting to get lost in the throng. Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the sport front fender color-matched (added black with gold pinstripe) for my anniversary model and while it may, indeed, throw up more water, I really like the look.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have an ozzy skin chome on chrome ghost flame sport front fender..... wish I had a FULL SIZE FRONT ozzy... If any out there has one to trade... I'll pay both out postage

stick with full size or longer

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gthong said:
I have an ozzy skin chome on chrome ghost flame sport front fender..... wish I had a FULL SIZE FRONT ozzy... If any out there has one to trade... I'll pay both out postage

stick with full size or longer
Can you tell us why you don't like the sport fender? Is it just shorter on the top or are both ends shorter than the stock setup?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think it's shorter on both front and back... it's shows more tire.. and many think that's cool.... but the reality is... it throws more stuff up on the radiator and even the slightest water on the road gets thrown in front of you... and then you ride into it...

it's sporty... but net/net.... I'd take full size and get more square inches of chrome in the process.

don't live or die for one or the other... but if I had to choose.. I'd take full size

1 - 10 of 10 Posts