Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get used to riding my 03, the mirrors are a major sore spot, I cannot see squat and I don't like that.

I know the split view mirrors are not the best looking for overall ascetics, as I get to know my new bike I'm probably going to go with those.

I also hate how the stock turn signals hit the air cleaner cover...... has anyone seen a mirror like the HD split view that also have front turn signals built in??? I'm not finding anything in the search.

I've paged through just about every thread with "mirror" in the title. Many have dead links....making this even more frustrating.

I've never ridden with bar end mirrors, everyone seemed to like these (which are no longer available):
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34313

Bar ends with turn signals is an interesting option if such things exist.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
As I get used to riding my 03, the mirrors are a major sore spot, I cannot see squat and I don't like that....
I also hate how the stock turn signals hit the air cleaner cover......
One solution for better viewing through the mirrors is to use mirrors with longer stems (e.g., 91846-03B & 91848-03B, the first two shown here).

Turn signals won't hit the air cleaner cover if installed properly.

·
Jeep + Cage = Fun
35 Posts
As I get used to riding my 03, the mirrors are a major sore spot, I cannot see squat and I don't like that.

I know the split view mirrors are not the best looking for overall ascetics, as I get to know my new bike I'm probably going to go with those.

I also hate how the stock turn signals hit the air cleaner cover...... has anyone seen a mirror like the HD split view that also have front turn signals built in??? I'm not finding anything in the search.

I've paged through just about every thread with "mirror" in the title. Many have dead links....making this even more frustrating.

I've never ridden with bar end mirrors, everyone seemed to like these (which are no longer available):
https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34313

Bar ends with turn signals is an interesting option if such things exist.
HD Makes these mirrors - which I have - and while they integrate turn signals, they are not very bright and won't help the mirror angle blocking issues.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy extended mirrors and this turn signal relocation kit, which in the end would be significantly less expensive.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One solution for better viewing through the mirrors is to use mirrors with longer stems (e.g., 91846-03B & 91848-03B, the first two shown here).
I just called the local dealer to see what he had in stock, and he recommended a non-HD product they keep in stock just for this purpose. He says it won't raise the stock mirrors, just move them further out.
I'm stopping there in a bit, for $40 it might be worth a try.

Turn signals won't hit the air cleaner cover if installed properly.
I'll have to post photos, since I'm not seeing how they can be moved any further away. I'm referring to when the bike it parked and handlebars cranked over, not when actually riding.
There's already a subtle dent in my air cover from the right signal

HD Makes these mirrors - which I have - and while they integrate turn signals, they are not very bright and won't help the mirror angle blocking issues.
I did see those, good to know they are not very bright. No sense in going through all that work if they are not very functional.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy extended mirrors and this turn signal relocation kit, which in the end would be significantly less expensive.
I like that a lot, cheap too. Even if the stock location can be made to work without hitting the cover, I'd rather have them on the forks. Didn't realize it was quite that simple.
Thanks!!

·
Jeep + Cage = Fun
35 Posts
I did see those, good to know they are not very bright. No sense in going through all that work if they are not very functional.

I like that a lot, cheap too. Even if the stock location can be made to work without hitting the cover, I'd rather have them on the forks. Didn't realize it was quite that simple.
Thanks!!
Yeah, they're not bright at all, I'm actually keeping the stock units and relocating them to the forks. If you want more punch, I just installed these on the cheap:

http://a.co/7ew4SO4

Very bright and they switch from a steady white (great for visibility) to flashing amber when the turn signal is activated.

Followed up with these:

https://www.denniskirk.com/drag-specialties/smoked-turn-signal-lens-kit-0906-6315.ph21126.prd/H21126.sku

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I'll have to post photos, since I'm not seeing how they can be moved any further away. I'm referring to when the bike it parked and handlebars cranked over, not when actually riding.
There's already a subtle dent in my air cover from the right signal...
Either your bars were changed, your hand controls aren't mounted properly, or the signal mounts aren't stock. The signals didn't hit the air box cover (with the bars in any position) when it left the factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.