Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just watching our local news and heard this sad news about Spencer. I had just met this guy at work on the North Slope of Alaska two weeks ago. I was in the spike room ( food room ) and he noticed my V-Rod Forum black shirt and ask if I had a V-Rod. So we started talking about the V-Rods and I told him I had a black street rod and he has the exact same bike. So we exchanged phone number and were going to get together for a ride in the next few days. So this was quite a shock to hear this on the news !
Doc

Motorcyclist dies after crashing into motor home
by Channel 2 News staff Saturday, July 7, 2007

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A man is dead after a traffic accident at Mile 66 of the Glenn Highway yesterday.

Alaska State Troopers say 50-year-old Spencer Ricketts of Anchorage was northbound on his Harley Davidson motorcycle when he crossed the double yellow line and struck a Winnebago.

Ricketts was evacuated by helicopter to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The driver of the Winnebago, 61-year-old Robert Nastri of Arizona and his wife, who was a passenger, were not injured.

Ricketts' next of kin has been notified.

Troopers are still investigating the crash.

RIP- Spencer

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Awful stuff to hear. I wish his family well.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
RIP Spencer. My condolences to those that knew him.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this news. May he rest in peace.

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
I've always said that when my time comes I hope I'm doing something that I love. hopefully that was spencers wish too.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Really, realy sorry to hear about this loss. Godspeed...

HoldHard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts