Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started a couple days ago. My speedometer will work from a stand still, get up to say 50 mph and drop to 0. It may stay there for 5 minutes while I'm riding and then jump back up and work the rest of the ride. Yesterday it jumped around the entire ride. Today it did it for about a half hour and then worked fine the rest of the day. Where should I start looking for a fix? Everything else is working fine. Even my gas guage works!!! Tach is fine!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Timely post! My "05 SE" speedo just started doing the same thing.
It can be reset by hitting the kill switch and restarting. Happens randomly most times, other days it happens repeatedly.
It would only be _slightly_ annoying if it didn't double as my fuel gauge...

~Mike

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timely post! My "05 SE" speedo just started doing the same thing.
It can be reset by hitting the kill switch and restarting. Happens randomly most times, other days it happens repeatedly.
It would only be _slightly_ annoying if it didn't double as my fuel gauge...

~Mike
Mine will start working when I come to a complete stop and start going again. Or at least It seems that way. :banghead:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Mine did that for a bit until I cinched down the battery terminals.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
is it only the speedo or all gauges in the cluster?
I ask because for my cluster died on me Saturday for the second time in two years on my '07AW. Once I shut down and restarted all was fine.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Go find the connector where the cluster is plugged into the harness (inside the clamshell on my ancient '02) and make sure everything is clean and all the pins are in good shape. After you clean the spider webs and dirt out and plug it back in it should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts