Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Look around for loose connections. Check the fuses with a OHM meter not just eyeballing them. Fuses sometimes go bad internally and you can't see the break. If you don't have a or know what a OHM meter is just replace the .15¢ fuses

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Had anyone had problems with speedometer light blinking on and off at night? Is this possible fuse issue or does a light bulb need to be replaced?
A likely culprit besides the battery terminals is a loose ground for the IM.

This ground is provided by a BK/GN (black with green stripe) wire from IM pin #5 to GND1. GND1 is a ring terminal on the rear cylinder head.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yup I agree with Steve as these ground bolts work loose every so often and that is the exact symptom I get as well. cruising at night and out go the instrument lights. there is a bolt in each cylinder head that carry electrical grounds on my 07 DX. each right behind the horn on the intake side of each head on the left side corners.Ive also had them cause missing while riding too.When I put my bike back together im applying lock tight to these bolts.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Had anyone had problems with speedometer light blinking on and off at night? Is this possible fuse issue or does a light bulb need to be replaced?
connector on back of speedo unit may be loose. Especially if you have added risers or anything like that. stock wires are to length, not much slop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.