Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
V Rod Rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 VRSCA - I want to relocate the speedometer right below my new Drag Bars, but all I can find is using the same or different clam shell which covers the Bar (I want the bars to seen clear and free, a clean look) or replaceing the Air Box Cover with one that houses the gauge in it, or replace the speedometer completely with a digital (which I am leaning towards) I like the looks of my current air box cover, but would really like move the gauges right under my new drag bars. Does anyone know of a clamp or kit that would help acheive what I am looking for?

Thanks Rhaunie
Be Safe!!!

·
Life is great!
783 Posts
Look thru the forum. A lot of people wanting a solution for what you are seeking, use a V-Gauge and either mount it between the drag bars and the airbox or get a custom Wicked airbox lid (that allows for the v-gauge to be integrated into it)...

http://www.emsjomar.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=39 for the V-Gauge, look up Franklin's Wicked airbox lid for a possible airbox lid solution...

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
Dakota Digital makes some nice digital gauges.

·
V Rod Rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys for the info - Yes I have been looking at the Dakotas and I have spoken to Franklin - Nice air Box - I was just hoping that someone would have created a clamp that would allow you to mount your existing Gauges directly under the Bars instead of on top of the bars with the Clam shell - I mean they make em for Sportsters...LOL why not for V's?

Thanks again

Rhaunie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Take a Look at the P-Dash First!!

Take a look at the P-Dash before you make a decision -

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133928
http://pdashcomplete.com/
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132905

Developed by V-Rod owner and forum member Beastwood and supported by V-Rod owner and forum member RickG61. I just did a 1400 mile ride (in the heat, the cold & the rain) and fell in love with the technology.

The best part is that you can build it yourself, buy it from Rick, or give it a shot and get some help from them.

Tony

·
V Rod Rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But will this work on my 2003 - how do I know if I have the datalink setup in order to do this - guys I am a computer guru, but when it comes to bike and car I am a ID10T...LOL

I love what I am reading on the P/Dash - how much would it cost to have it made for my bike if it is compatible?

thanks again

Rhaunie

·
Registered
311 Posts
Portable Dashboard will work with all VRods. Check out www.portabledashboard.com for all the details. I currently have mine mounted under the bars.

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
hey rhaunie i have just put a franklins flying wicked on my bike i have a picture (not to good sorry) but it will show you what it looks like, he makes top Quality work, the painters over here were amazed they could not find one pin hole in his work they were not used to that with fibre glass work

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
sorry forgot to say the pic is in images (on left)there is only one but will give you an idea, I also have a p dash not up and running on bike yet but like the portable side and info it provides

·
V Rod Rider
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude - you bike looks Sik!!!! I love it, but unfortunately I am trying to be rid of the gauges being over the bars - I have a set of drag bars that are 8" Straight rise, but before I can install them, I need to decide what to do about the gauges - I have checked out the p/dash, v-gauge, dakotas, and several airtank equipped for the gauges. What I was really hoping for was to find an "Under the Bar" mounting bracket for my current gauges. I first set the new bars on top of my current setup and said wow, if only I could just mount the gauges under the bar, the problem would be simple

is there anyone on the forum that might be able to fabricate this clamp - I could send sketches???

Thanks - I will try and get a pick of the bars soon

Regards,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts